Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But this decision had to be okd from the top.
Oh but it was, the very top

Do you recall what happened last week in Minneapolis Minnesota. This is retribution. He had to focus his anger somewhere!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the real question: do foxes exist in EQ lore?
huge, if canon. the sky of norrath dedinitely has stars at night. if foxes also exist i would like first dibs on the namw Starfox. classic!

ill have to consulr with *lhance personality takes over* the amoral puppetmasters behind this movement to find ourmt if its ok
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

yes plz change detoxx's name kthxbai
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No more forumquest for me pal.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huge, if canon. the sky of norrath dedinitely has stars at night. if foxes also exist i would like first dibs on the namw Starfox. classic!

ill have to consulr with *lhance personality takes over* the amoral puppetmasters behind this movement to find ourmt if its ok
it is granteD
Old 02-12-2018, 05:13 AM
Fire Giant

You all realize that there are like 200 npcs not "following" the naming policy right?

That no matter what we do to our players, we have to live with NPCs like Bob the Painter, Jeoffrey and Sansa... stupid anagrams or reverse words like felwithe, nilbog or tolapumj, guard Chopin or guard Bach in higher, etc.! the list is long. Many references to real world people, location and pop culture (of the time).

There is no npc named "Asslicker" or "Illilirnmillimn" as far as I know, so that's one thing for a naming policy;

But shouldn't we maybe have a naming policy that is somewhat similar to the base immersion level the game has to start with!?

I'm all in to "protect" the immersion, but that does not mean we should need to elevate it, just keep as it is, not less, not more.

I had no name changed in the current purge, but I guess some of my names would have been petitionned of these bored lunatics had the chance to. Finding a cool name for your character is not always easy, and sometimes what is "immersion-breaking" to one person actually has a cool and legitimate background to another.

I dislike Sirstabsalot the barbarian rogue or Portsyou the halfling druid or Dontdiebro the dwarf cleric as much as most people, but leave Winchester, Stockmarket or Idol alone ffs; you have ruined your own brain and pleasure, but don't ruin other's.

Everyone rejoicing at this event is a sick kid that needs
some time outside in the sun, with a nice ice cream and good city pop music in an open top Cadillac. Also maybe girls. Or dudes.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of all the things to worry and get upset about.... this isn't one of them.
While I agree this doesn't shake me up personally, we are talking about a game and nothing in it really warrants "worry" or being "upset" if you really want to break it down.

However, I am sure of all the possibilities something could be changed in the game that would indeed upset you and me.

Personally I don't try to tell others what should or shouldn't upset them when it comes to pixels because honestly it is very subjective what someone finds important to them in a game.

People love to tell others to play the game their way, raid or don't, but then when this very game-changing nerf to names occurs people suddenly think it's fun to troll others because to them it's not important.

Whatever floats ya'lls boats though.

P.S. None of my very violating names have been changed yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

lmao, this is who spent there whole sunday /telling everyone in ec there name was reported for violating the naming policy and causing an uproar in EC /shout? *fedora tip fellow neck beard.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of all the things to worry and get upset about.... this isn't one of them.
Definite candidate for absolute most bestest RnF post ever, could be the title of every thread here. Thanks Ravager, made my morning. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

I love how people are mad about this. It's like driving in the carpool lane by yourself for years and never getting caught. You know it's against the law but you do it anyway. Then one day you finally get pulled over and get a ticket, and you tell the officer that it's not fair because you've been doing it for years and never once got pulled over.
Closed Thread