Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Default Getting Started on Project 1999 - PC and MAC

MAC USERS:

Click here for a text tutorial.

Or for a short video tutorial, one of our community members made this youtube video for MAC installations

For PC Users:

After installing titanium, do not run any files. Do not patch to live. Do not click everquest.exe or eqgame.exe, or you will need to re-install.

It is recommended you do not install Everquest to your C:\program files\ folder if you are running Windows Vista or later. It is better to install everquest to C:\Everquest instead. Vista/7/8 have user account controls that can affect your ability to play the game, save screenshots, or record logs if everquest is installed in the program files folder.

1) Download the latest patch files, found here
(You can always find the latest patch stickied at the top of the News and Announcements Forum

2) Move, rename, or delete the following files from your everquest folder, or these zones will not work properly:

arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

3) Many users will need to set compatibility mode on eqgame.exe in order to run the client. This can easily be done by locating the file in your Everquest folder and RIGHT clicking eqgame.exe and going to properties. At the top of this window there will be a Compatibility tab. Click this, and under Run in Compatibility mode, select Windows XP sp3. Then click Ok at the bottom of this window.

4) Find 'launch titanium.bat' in your Everquest directory. This is the file you will use to launch everquest. If you would like to make a shortcut, you can do so by right clicking the file and clicking 'send to desktop (create shortcut)'.

5) Double click 'launch titanium.bat' to run everquest. Enjoy!
Last edited by Derubael; 03-02-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Orc

If I have my original disks and I install up to ruins of kunark, will that work in order to play? Or do I absolutely need a copy of titanium?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

For Project 1999, it needs to specifically be Titanium.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I may have bought the wrong version.....

I bought Secrets of Faydwer expansion, mostly because titanium is much more expensive, and the main EQemu page said either would work.

I take it that SoF will not work with project1999 server?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

""4) Find 'launch titanium.bat' in your Everquest directory. This is the file you will use to launch everquest. If you would like to make a shortcut, you can do so by right clicking the file and clicking 'send to desktop (create shortcut)'.""

Ok this is where I have hit a wall. I cant find this file in my Project 99 directory that I sent all my files to. I cant seem to find any .bat files at all. I'm sure I'm just being computer stupid like I usually am. But if you can read my mind and tell me what i might be doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
""4) Find 'launch titanium.bat' in your Everquest directory. This is the file you will use to launch everquest. If you would like to make a shortcut, you can do so by right clicking the file and clicking 'send to desktop (create shortcut)'.""

Ok this is where I have hit a wall. I cant find this file in my Project 99 directory that I sent all my files to. I cant seem to find any .bat files at all. I'm sure I'm just being computer stupid like I usually am. But if you can read my mind and tell me what i might be doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
There is a quick and dirty workaround for this if you cannot find launch titanium.bat

Simply right click eqgame.exe - > send to desktop (create shortcut)

Go to the shortcut you just created, right click - > properties

You should see a 'target' line in the window that pops up. If the file path has spaces, the path itself will be encased in quotes. If the path does not have spaces, there will be no quotes. At the end of the target line, simply add patchme.

Examples:

With spaces in the file path:

"C:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Without spaces in the file path:

C;\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

Use this shortcut to run EQ and you will be good to go!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Skeleton

Okay do I still need the EQEmulator account then? Because I have been waiting for an e-mail confirmation for 3 hours and it has not sent yet
Old 03-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Do I need to register with anything other that right here at P99 in order to log into the servers?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Retired Guide

You also need to register here: http://www.eqemulator.org/

That is where you create your Login accounts.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemdawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay do I still need the EQEmulator account then? Because I have been waiting for an e-mail confirmation for 3 hours and it has not sent yet
Did you check your spam / junk email folder?