Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Large Rat

Default So what is the Green server?

Hows it differ from blue?
Old 09-11-2019, 08:56 PM
Orc

No one is sure yet because we are waiting on more info. The general idea seems to be it will be like if you started blue on blue the day it launched, with all the kinks worked out in advance (thanks to all the hard work on Blue) so they can do the progression of the patches/expansions til the limit on the actual timeline of the original game. Ideas abound of what happens after the progression, with server recycles? maybe green characters to blue? Again, no one without inside knowledge knows for sure.

Culturally it will be different because new guild formations, no one is twinked (at first), less high level chars to help you level or buff you, new economy..
Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Banned

Talking

Beta Server
Blue Server

Gamma Server
Green Server

Delta Server
Discord Server
Old 09-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Green

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

In a nutshell, it will progress from Classic to Kunark to Velious, observing all patches and changes in between. Content that was added after the launch of the game will be added at the same point in time when it was added on original Live EQ; stuff that was removed from the game will be in at the start, but removed at the same point in time when it was removed on Live. It will be as close to 1999 as possible.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Im wondering if they will have a PvP version, but I would guess not.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a nutshell, it will progress from Classic to Kunark to Velious, observing all patches and changes in between. Content that was added after the launch of the game will be added at the same point in time when it was added on original Live EQ; stuff that was removed from the game will be in at the start, but removed at the same point in time when it was removed on Live. It will be as close to 1999 as possible.
Is this confirmed and accurate? I'm especially interested in original spells in classic pre-nerf for certain classes.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by area [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this confirmed and accurate? I'm especially interested in original spells in classic pre-nerf for certain classes.
Im hoping they put that thing where dots did full damage while mobs ran and you can just sow kite your way to 50 before its nerfed lol
Old 09-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Large Rat

Looking forward to the official post regarding the servers details!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by area [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I said not confirmed. In fact, literally all we know for sure is that "a new experience" is coming in "October 2019."

BUT...if you are familiar with the way the devs here run things, and if you understand the purpose of the Green Server and of Project 1999 itself, then you may think Green will be like what I said.

And in case you read a post from anyone who has some kind of weird fantasy like the following, they're just not paying attention to what the devs themselves say over and over. Stuff like this is not happening:
• "no legacy items like guise/manastone"
• "make [X item] drop off of [Y mob] because reasons"
• "make [X item] no-drop because reasons"
• "teams pvp"
• "[other mildly or wildly custom ideas]"

However, we should expect 25-mob AE limit because the devs said the reason they made that unclassic change was to better re-create classic. It wasn't a timeline-related change.

Anyway, there's a lot of speculation and fantasizing going on and I just hope people will stay realistic and check what the project is actually about before trying to predict or suggest changes.
Last edited by Videri; 09-12-2019 at 05:03 PM..
Closed Thread