Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say this: if you're doing somewhere like Kael and your raid is finishing giants off in a matter of seconds, the bear pet is the perfect way to make sure you get the faction hits without wasting any mana.

(Of course, you could charm a dire wolf pet also, but that's a very different and much more stressful experience.)
Interesting point about faction hits! I've already allied with COV, however, I do still have a couple other factions I need to raise (Brood of Di'Zok and Heretics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level 28 or 30?
480hp?
hits for 2-30?
Race: Bear
Class: Warrior

Duel someone and check your log for hp and dmg.
Thanks for posting those stats! I haven't gotten to Level 55 so I can't check anything myself yet, thanks for helping me get a preemptive idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always good to keep pet up to reclaim for back up mana when you need. Do one of the mage Sol ro quests and you can click from inventory to get mana back from pet (600).
Interesting... I have heard of that, but hadn't really considered it for myself. I'll look into it a bit more.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-16-2019, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

When not using it for pet tracking, the druid bear pet is really only good for the additional 600 mana to your pool. The DPS is negligible at best, and one or two ripostes is usually enough to poof that precious mana...

Just use the lvl 1 DD for factioning
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Last edited by GreldorEQ; 09-16-2019 at 10:46 AM..
Old 09-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True low-level spells work, but they do use some mana, and more importantly the great thing about the bear is, you can do other stuff at the same time. You can heal people, or buff your group, or whatever, and still grab the faction hits by just clicking your /pet attack button in-between.

The bear is terrible in 95+% of circumstances, but he is perfect for Kael raids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

boo bear is the bane of green mobs and this libel is ridiculous
Old 09-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, maybe for farming spiderling silks in misty or something : D
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, maybe for farming spiderling silks in misty or something : D
I'm not sure about Misty, but in many cases if you're farming an outdoor zone http://wiki.project1999.com/Tunare%27s_Request can get you a better pet than the bear.

For instance, if you're doing spider (not spiderling) silk in East Karana, you can use that spell to charm a Gorge Hound for 2.5+ hours, and with a max hit of 32 I 'm pretty sure they're the better pet than the bear, even though they're lower level.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
That requires you to stand up, cast, then sit back down. You can med with /pet attack.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also use it to track for named that are out of your tracking range. Make a hot key for it. /Pet attack Insertname
Hi, can you explain this a little further? I've never used a pet to track anything and I'm confused as to how this would work. I know if you tell a pet to attack something that's too far away it will just stand there. Is the trick that it turns in the direction of the mob or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare's Request
Wait a second. I thought that Tunare's Request wasn't working correctly on P99? Can anyone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That requires you to stand up, cast, then sit back down. You can med with /pet attack.
Great point!

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, can you explain this a little further? I've never used a pet to track anything and I'm confused as to how this would work. I know if you tell a pet to attack something that's too far away it will just stand there. Is the trick that it turns in the direction of the mob or something?
The Bear Pet is very helpful if you are in a guild and that guild does raids. Having tracking and using the Bear Pet allows you to "Pet track" mobs. For example, the guild you're in wants to hunt/kill Lady Vox in Permafrost. You can create the Bear Pet and set up the macro "/pet attack Vox" in Permafrost and keep running the macro and the pet will tell you when Lady Vox has spawned. Just have to be careful because if you are tracking a mob and that mob is too close then your Bear Pet will take off and attack that mob.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait a second. I thought that Tunare's Request wasn't working correctly on P99? Can anyone confirm?
It's not the sort of spell I use very often, so I can't swear that it's working ATM, but it has worked for me in the past.

I think perhaps people might think the spell is broken because they don't understand it (and that's in part because it's not a very good spell). It lets you have a very long duration pet, but in exchange it only works on mobs that are very low level (< 36).

If yo don't understand that and try to use it on any pet that would normally be a sane pet choice for your level, it won't work, and maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

Closed Thread