Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been playing on Blue for almost 5 years and always been mad that I didn't get in on it at the beginning. I wont make that mistake a second time. All in on green.

Starting over doesn't scare me. Done it on numerous live servers, progression servers, and on P99. Nothing more classic than starting with nothing.

Indeed that's the best way to experience the game. When you're in Unrest and people are looting ringmail and bronze as gear upgrades etc.

Feelsgoodman
Old 09-16-2019, 10:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You crack me up
Old 09-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Large Rat

I will play green just to obtain some legacy drops. Then wait for green to merge into blue.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will play green just to obtain some legacy drops. Then wait for green to merge into blue.
I love this argument. Like "I am going to play green for 6 months so that in 3 years I will have something on blue!"

Please, if you had that kind of discipline and foresight you would be rich in real life and not posting here (and dont bother with "but I am" shit. No you are not and there is nothing you could ever post on an internet forum to make me believe you).

People that try this, and a few will, are going to be sorely disappointed. 3 years is a long time to wait for something on a server that has nothing else to wait for ever again.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love this argument. Like "I am going to play green for 6 months so that in 3 years I will have something on blue!"

Please, if you had that kind of discipline and foresight you would be rich in real life and not posting here (and dont bother with "but I am" shit. No you are not and there is nothing you could ever post on an internet forum to make me believe you).

People that try this, and a few will, are going to be sorely disappointed. 3 years is a long time to wait for something on a server that has nothing else to wait for ever again.
I'm assuming most will play on green sometimes over those 3 years. Considering we can play on both blue and green at the same time, you can grind on green while you EC on blue or do dap ports, wait for a target to pop, etc. Folks will come back on green at kunark and vel to do some raiding and get server firsts.

Green will probably bring in some new players, especially if it gets some hype on twitch.tv and if you're going to start EQ with nothing you might as well start on green.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Large Rat

Quote:

You escalated that quickly. I’m going to green to not make a fortune one day on blue. It’s just I’d like a twink cleric or shaman with a Guise and a manastone.

However, enjoy your trolling.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:18 AM
Large Rat

i will play on green, because thats the only closest classic experience you can get.
blue is full of twinks and economy is borken, TLP are full of krono farmers and bots.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, old world pre kunark everquest is a beautiful thing.

When you are leveling up every piece of gear is worth having and gearing up. Fine steel weapons are pretty darn good as far as weapons go, god forbid you get yourself something magical.

Every item has a pretty well conceived place in the classic world. When kunark comes out all of that stuff becomes trash can level right away. Look at a maxxed out classic era player and its quite basic until the planes come out and even then its pretty basic. It is glorious. You can't get it back. That 1 year of classic is the best eq that money can't buy.

Thankx to devs to making it happen a third time.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:17 AM
Aviak

Dang i wanna make a Barbarian shammy so bad, but that darn run through Karana's is a long trip, even more so with my rusty trash can gear lol, I wanna be part of the great barbarian migration when we the ice folk trek bravely into the world to freeport lol...... all huddled in a group hugging each other in fear lmao......
Old 09-17-2019, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

I've been bouncing around a lot on my choice of class, but I think I'm settling on female ogre shammy.

Feer and Inno will be the least crowded noob zones by my estimation. Should be pretty good for leveling up.

Shammy can solo (dot kite in the worst case) so that fills the need for a class that can solo (I have a baby at home).
Closed Thread