Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry wasn't really interested in getting involved in the drama in this thread but I wanted to point something out to you. There is currently a court case in the US where someone is actually being prosecuted for exactly what you did here in this thread. They allegedly encouraged their boyfriend via text, messages, and over the phone to commit suicide. If the person you posted this directed at does commit suicide then you could legally be prosecuted for this post. Before you say they cannot find you your IP address is traceable and the fact that your probably doing so across state lines more than likely violates other laws.

Please think of the mental state of some of the people on these forums before posting things like this.

It is one thing to troll someone it is entirely something else to encourage suicide even if meant in jest.
I personally wouldn't tell anyone to kill themselves, in person or online, but it's ridiculous to suggest it's illegal for someone to say "kill yourself" in an essentially anonymous petty argument on the internet. I took 10 seconds to google the case you're mentioning, and the Washington Post article states
Quote:
According to prosecutors, Carter relentlessly pressured Conrad Roy III to kill himself in the days before his July 12, 2014, death. She allegedly calmed his fears; helped him research suicide methods; cajoled him to go through with his plans when he got cold feet and lied to police, family and friends in order to enable the 18-year-old’s final act.
The difference is pretty clear, and even this extreme case could be struck down at the appeals level. Don't worry, our right to be distasteful on the internet is firmly couched in the 1st amendment.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Forsaken moves to the number 1 spot. RIP Rampage
Old 02-03-2016, 11:57 PM
Kobold

Also didnt taken was really bad at trak
Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman703 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wat
Old 02-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Kobold

Rampage is playing with me on Nostalrius anyway.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman703 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I will not buy plats from you. I don't wish to get Braknar'd.
Although you are probably flagged now for sending me plat selling tells in game.
Yes Mr. Ihavenoideawhoyouare, tell me more about these tells.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure maybe hes talking about Taken wiping horribly to Trakanon last night, not sure how that is relivant though. That dragon is still a bitch.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, Kudos to SFP. This is more entertaining than your last incarnation ^^
Old 02-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluwen1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure maybe hes talking about Taken wiping horribly to Trakanon last night, not sure how that is relivant though. That dragon is still a bitch.
Trak is easy
Closed Thread