Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea who you are or why you deem it necessary to bring RnF into server chat but I think it's time you had yourself a little break from the elf forums. I apologize to anyone who had to read this persons posts from the past few days
Llandris doing the lord’s work.

Thanks for putting the toxic man-toddler in time out.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. I do exactly this with every alt I make and have never had somebody even near AC's corpse while I relog.
I don't even always say anything, just inform whoever was next on the list that they're up and camp out.

Everybody just minds their own business chillin at the flat spot on the side of the hill. Pretty sure everyone knows that an AC corpse isn't ffa. Never in my mind have I thought that someone would just loot the corpse, I couldn't even put myself in that person's mindset, like wtf would they be thinking while looting it?

You can expect people saying grats then ignoring the corpse. I can't see it going any other way. If someone does take it, you can expect it back once a gm addresses it anyways. The ninja would only be delaying you slightly. The people who police the server don't want those type of people around either.
How is that allowed? The character who killed the mob leaves the game. That alone should forfeit any right you had to the mob(baring a disconnect of course). Why should someone be punished for walking by, at the time you are logging in your alt, and looting the item? Is it worded like you said in the rules are is this some kinda unwritten rule everyone should know? Of course the example you give is a extreme one. Everyone knows the AC and the camp but what about other camps. I cant even get a camp for my epic because people solo camp the item for raiding and now, if the rules are like you say, they can camp it for their alts and I am just SoL.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that allowed? The character who killed the mob leaves the game. That alone should forfeit any right you had to the mob(baring a disconnect of course). Why should someone be punished for walking by, at the time you are logging in your alt, and looting the item? Is it worded like you said in the rules are is this some kinda unwritten rule everyone should know? Of course the example you give is a extreme one. Everyone knows the AC and the camp but what about other camps. I cant even get a camp for my epic because people solo camp the item for raiding and now, if the rules are like you say, they can camp it for their alts and I am just SoL.
llandris just nip this one in the bud and ban this person now lol
Old 06-18-2019, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Really? 13 pages and (multiple) GM response and people still want to argue for ninja looting? lol
Old 06-18-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you didn’t kill it, you don’t loot it.

JFC this really isn’t that hard to understand. It’s a really simple concept.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're thinking like a player. Players want the best rules possible for them. Our all-volunteer CSR staff thinks ... like an all-volunteer staff team.

If for them it's easier to just say "don't loot what isn't yours", then we should all just be appreciative that we get to play on a box where people volunteer their time to enforce any rules whatsoever.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:14 AM
Aviak

If i walk by a mob and check it for loot, and it has something of value, i will /who to see who is in zone. If no one is in zone, then the loot really should be FFA. At that point i have no idea whether someone didn't need it an left, logged out, LD'ed, is switching toon's, etc, but the loot is sitting there with no one even in the zone.

If the rules state i could get in trouble for doing that, then there is something seriously wrong with the rules. Even on live they wouldn't enforce "loot rights" for someone who logged out completely on their own.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i walk by a mob and check it for loot, and it has something of value, i will /who to see who is in zone. If no one is in zone, then the loot really should be FFA. At that point i have no idea whether someone didn't need it an left, logged out, LD'ed, is switching toon's, etc, but the loot is sitting there with no one even in the zone.

If the rules state i could get in trouble for doing that, then there is something seriously wrong with the rules. Even on live they wouldn't enforce "loot rights" for someone who logged out completely on their own.
Look, this isn't some Zen koan about "if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?". If there's literally no one in the zone, and you sit and wait for the corpse's timer to almost expire, then there's no one to petition you, and these rules will never even come up.

But if I told my friend Bob he could have some item on a corpse, and then I log, and you show up and /who one second before Bob zones in, why do you have more right to loot it than Bob? And regardless of what you think, you're playing on someone else's server, and they set the rules, not you or me.

Project 1999 may have classic EverQuest as a goal, but it does not have a classic team of paid GMs and sort-of-paid (with free EQ accounts) guides. So it really doesn't matter what you or any player thinks is fair or classic, what matters is what an all-volunteer team can and will actually be able to enforce.

Like I said before, the all-volunteer staff is going to enforce the rules that they think make sense to enforce, and we should all be grateful that they even volunteer their time for us, so that we get to play on a server with any rules at all. This server would be nowhere near as successful without them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-18-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, this isn't some Zen koan about "if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?". If there's literally no one in the zone, and you sit and wait for the corpse's timer to almost expire, then there's no one to petition you, and these rules will never even come up.

But if I told my friend Bob he could have some item on a corpse, and then I log, and you show up and /who one second before Bob zones in, why do you have more right to loot it than Bob? And regardless of what you think, you're playing on someone else's server, and they set the rules, not you or me.

Project 1999 may have classic EverQuest as a goal, but it does not have a classic team of paid GMs and sort-of-paid (with free EQ accounts) guides. So it really doesn't matter what you or any player thinks is fair or classic, what matters is what an all-volunteer team can and will actually be able to enforce.

Like I said before, the all-volunteer staff is going to enforce the rules that they think make sense to enforce, and we should all be grateful that they even volunteer their time for us, so that we get to play on a server with any rules at all. This server would be nowhere near as successful without them.
Again, if someone logs out and leaves a corpse in a zone with absolutely no one in it, not even their friend, then the loot should be considered abandoned.

You can white knight all you want. But its ridiculous to say that items left on corpses with no one in the zone should not be looted because someone who isn't even in game anymore doesn't want you to loot it. Ridiculous, plain and simple, regardless of if it is a rule or not.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, if someone logs out and leaves a corpse in a zone with absolutely no one in it, not even their friend, then the loot should be considered abandoned.

You can white knight all you want. But its ridiculous to say that items left on corpses with no one in the zone should not be looted because someone who isn't even in game anymore doesn't want you to loot it. Ridiculous, plain and simple, regardless of if it is a rule or not.
And it's ridiculous that you think that just because you play on this server you get to dictate how the team of volunteers that runs it decides what rules they're going to enforce and how.

This server is not just for you, it's for literally thousands of other players, and the rules exist to serve all of them.

Closed Thread