Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure you wouldn't want your leadership to make a rash decision to kick you, effectively retiring all of your toons, at the behest of another guild to throw you under a bus.
It was flagrant. And it was Riptoes -- the poster boy for poor sportsmanship and diarrhea of the mouth. Well, one of the poster boys. You guys don't lack in that department.

This is the 100% foreseeable outcome when you have a guild culture that tolerates gloating, trash talking, and general poor sportsmanship. Some new blood in leadership, a few gkicks, and a dozen or so muzzles would go a long way toward fixing that je ne sais quoi that makes a significant chunk of the server's population relish seeing AM getting sanctioned.

Those changes would also make competing against AM, win or lose, a much more enjoyable experience.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Riot alliance pulled and dropped the Vulak guards onto us initially, presumably trying to take advantage of the fact intentional trains are allowed without punishment at the Vulak four-way because it's considered to be sitting on the tracks: https://youtu.be/ORw9fvNQuXE.
What were you guys even doing parking at the Vulak 4 way while your raid was locked into Aary? At the start of your video you can even see the /ooc where Riot announced you were sitting directly in the line of their pulls and asked you to move. Do you think they intended to train you, or do you think they intended to not let you stall their pulls for 20 minutes while you waited for your lockout to expire?

Sorry about your luck but who do you think you're fooling on this one?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who labeled him as insane?
Always a buzzkill when things have to be explained. Guess I should've put more effort into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know about you but usually you take time to deliberate and make concious decisions rather than decisions running off emotions. Thats usually what most sane people do anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like Riptoes?
What did Riptoes do again?

Quote:
Exactly
Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Excuse me while I deliberate on the toilet some more.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were you guys even doing parking at the Vulak 4 way while your raid was locked into Aary? At the start of your video you can even see the /ooc where Riot announced you were sitting directly in the line of their pulls and asked you to move. Do you think they intended to train you, or do you think they intended to not let you stall their pulls for 20 minutes while you waited for your lockout to expire?

How much room does someone need to split something? You don’t need the 4 way. That’s silly. We were trained. The cycle before, both guilds were sitting near 4 way and monks from both guilds used that hallway easily to split the guards.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much room does someone need to split something? You don’t need the 4 way. That’s silly. We were trained. The cycle before, both guilds were sitting near 4 way and monks from both guilds used that hallway easily to split the guards.
So the rival guild gets to decide how much room their opponent needs for pulls, and then sit within aggro range of the pull path when there are multiple options nearby that wouldn't be in the pull path? You could have posted up 20 yards north next to PoM, or 20 yards east on the way towards Dagarn's side of the circle, or better yet kept your raid at the dragon you were locked into. I really don't have a ton of sympathy for you guys here when it's obvious you knew exactly what you were doing by picking that spot to put your raid when you couldn't begin pulls for another 20 minutes.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

You can hear one of your members even say we're standing on the tracks. You were trying to stall Riot from pulling till your 20 minutes of your lock out expired.

Conceding a mob you had 0 chance to kill after training every raid guild on this server isn't a appropriate response, neither is waiting days to boot Riptoes.
I dont agree with 1 persons actions causing a whole guild to be suspended but AM was given every opportunity to make this right and they didn't, sorry your leadership failed you.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our raid was already at Vulak before the Aary FTE went out. We never had any intent of going for Aary.

Like I said, it was from a member going LD earlier in the day when a storm knocked out his internet. It was an accidental in every sense of the word, but we were afraid to call it as that has cost us concessions previously (the same can't be said for AG...).

Before the Aary FTE went out we were already aware Vulak was no longer invulnerable. We were hoping that Riot & Co didn't, and that the timer would expire before Riot realised and/or killed the 6 guards.

We were already 1/3 of the way way through the lockout when we were trained with Vulak guards.

Quote:
The facts are:
  • We got trained by Vulak guards by a Riot pull. Riot did it knowing there wouldn't be consequences. I'm happy to accept that we were on the tracks, as long as that standard is held when the roles are reversed.
  • One of our members dragged the Riot train out of our camp and (unfortunately) took it to Riot's.
  • We immediately conceded Vulak and waited a further 30 minutes before engaging another target.
  • The member who trained was guild kicked when Detoxx got back from vacation.

What part of any of my responses here do you think I'm trying to fool anyone with?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Edit to add: he was also kicked before the threat of a petition or raid suspension was levied.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Kobold

Also just a heads up

Riptoes was the mage that trained you since i know you guys like our sloppy seconds like Magerin.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was flagrant. And it was Riptoes -- the poster boy for poor sportsmanship and diarrhea of the mouth. Well, one of the poster boys. You guys don't lack in that department.

This is the 100% foreseeable outcome when you have a guild culture that tolerates gloating, trash talking, and general poor sportsmanship. Some new blood in leadership, a few gkicks, and a dozen or so muzzles would go a long way toward fixing that je ne sais quoi that makes a significant chunk of the server's population relish seeing AM getting sanctioned.

Those changes would also make competing against AM, win or lose, a much more enjoyable experience.
I never realized how much of a serious impact RnF had on other guilds. Its RnF. You all are mental midgets. Not really pointing you out specifically Kayso cause I've seen it from a lot.
Closed Thread