Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Default Bugged Spell Bar

This is a very peculiar issue.

Basically if you memorize spells like I do, you open your spell book, click on a spell gem (so that the spell gem is attached to your cursor) and then you hit ALT + #. I got used to this on other servers where I would box a few toons and rememming 8 spells x 3-4 was tedious.

Anywho! If you accidently hit ALT + 9, the spell will memorize into a hidden 9th spell slot. While neat, this causes a very frustrating problem. The game claims that you have this spell memorized, ergo you cannot memorize it again. However, the game is not nice enough to facilitate the dememorization of that spell.

If you attempt to cast the spell via Alt casting (ALT + 9, same way you memorized it), you get a split second of the spell casting bar and then immediately after that you get the "Your spell has been interrupted".

Things I have tried which failed:
  • Unmemming all 8 spells
  • Relogging (to desktop)
  • Zoning
  • Deleting spell from spellbook and rememorizing a new copy

Thing that worked:
  • Death

I don't really expect this bug to get fixed (though if they want to do so it wouldn't really harm anything). However just posting the issue in case anyone else runs into it.

tl;dr ALT+O --> Change the "Cast gem 9" default Keypress from ALT+9 to EMPTY. Then you can't be bothered with this issue.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default ALT + 9 When Memming a Spell Crashes Client

I realize that this is a client-side issue, but since you have the anti-hack code that "guards" the client I thought you might be able to somehow solve this.

When I click on a spell in my spell book, and then hit an ALT + some number key combination ... but I accidentally hit 9 instead of 8, my client crashes. Presumably this has something to do with the fact that the Titanium client can handle a ninth spell slot, but P99 can't.

If there's any way the anti-cheat code (or any other code) could somehow just ... not crash the client, perhaps by "eating" any ALT + 9 or ALT + 0 key combinations, that'd certainly be nice.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. One can change the keybinding for ALT + 9, but of course many don't know to do this, so perhaps another possible solution would be to have the P99 code change this line of eqclient.ini automatically?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

hmm i just tested your way def crashes, but im lazy and used to drag icons to each spell slot. Believe like when you try to use stuff that shows on diff UIs, shared bank etc, when server recognizes anomally at client crashes you to refresh i guess
Last edited by Brocode; 07-05-2019 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-25-2019, 10:11 PM
Former Guide

Resolving as it appears Daldaen's original bug report did not cause crash, but future attempts cause crash (probably dev intervention to prevent memorization).
Closed Thread