Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ring war is fixed rotation 4 entities
tunare is race / rot / rot / race / rot / rot ... w/ 4 entities
What happens if you fail the war/tunare, don't do It, etc? Are you DQ'd from the rotation?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

1 month till WoW Classic.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happens if you fail the war/tunare, don't do It, etc? Are you DQ'd from the rotation?
I think you're out for 2 cycles for Ring War failure (Earthquake wars are exempt from rotation rules). Quakes = FFA Ring War but not FFA tunare

<Gravity>
Old 07-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

@Legday

Don't forget that BDA absorbed a lot of the more experienced raiders from VD that competed directly with TMO and IB. They had the experience necessary.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the perspective of a small guild person: what Zanderr said + the guild(s?) that set up the "entrance to tier" gatekeeper mobs were big enough to justify being in the Class C group, but didn't want to compete. So they could lord over the small guilds.
If by "didn't want to compete", you mean didn't want their members to be tethered to a batphone all waking hours of the day and participate in petitionquest bullshit with a legion of elf lawyers on retainer, then yes... BDA did not want to "compete." Nor did our Vesica Dei before them. After all, that level of "competition" got our guildleader's RL photo posted all over RNF here by an embedded mole and ran her off, destroying our guild on P99. Just what the "competition" wanted. Healthy "competition", huh? So no, "competing" in Class C had nothing to do with being able to throw down with IB and TMO... it had more to do about avoiding that level of sociopathic neckbeard nonsense.

The gatekeeping wouldn't have been needed if the smaller guilds hadn't insisted on having their own individual slots in the rotation despite not being able to field the force necessary to kill the mob.

All it would have took was Guild A (i'm not going to call out guilds) saying "Okay, lets be fair... we have to call in help for our targets, so we should have a combined slot with that guild, or we shouldn't be in the rotation for this tier of raid targets."

Or are you asserting that a guild shouldn't have to be able to kill the raid targets on their own to be in the rotation for that raid target? Please don't tell me that's the sword you're planning to fall on...

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-22-2019, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

<Legion of Elf Lawyers> should be a guild name
Old 07-22-2019, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Legion of Elf Lawyers> should be a guild name

Pursuant to rule 5.5 of the Rules of Professional Elf Conduct, an elf "shall not" practice elf law in violation of local standards of competence. Further, Rule 7.1 of those rules asserts that an elf "shall not" make a fake or misleading communication about the elf or the elf's services.

Read together, unless properly certified a guild purporting to be elf lawyers which lacks the proper certification is be subject to being ruled sad, bad, and/or mad.

This message brought to you by the Norrath Board of Elf Overseers.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

I invoke my fifth amendment right to drown in pussy.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by "didn't want to compete", you mean didn't want their members to be tethered to a batphone all waking hours of the day and participate in petitionquest bullshit with a legion of elf lawyers on retainer, then yes... BDA did not want to "compete." Nor did our Vesica Dei before them. After all, that level of "competition" got our guildleader's RL photo posted all over RNF here by an embedded mole and ran her off, destroying our guild on P99. Just what the "competition" wanted. Healthy "competition", huh? So no, "competing" in Class C had nothing to do with being able to throw down with IB and TMO... it had more to do about avoiding that level of sociopathic neckbeard nonsense.

The gatekeeping wouldn't have been needed if the smaller guilds hadn't insisted on having their own individual slots in the rotation despite not being able to field the force necessary to kill the mob.

All it would have took was Guild A (i'm not going to call out guilds) saying "Okay, lets be fair... we have to call in help for our targets, so we should have a combined slot with that guild, or we shouldn't be in the rotation for this tier of raid targets."

Or are you asserting that a guild shouldn't have to be able to kill the raid targets on their own to be in the rotation for that raid target? Please don't tell me that's the sword you're planning to fall on...
The problem with the bolded statement is the fundamental difference in view that larger guilds believed smaller guilds should share a rotation slot with another guild for "every single" mob. If the A-Team needed to group up with Azure Guard to kill Gorenaire, we would be required to kill Maestro of Rancor or any other raid encounter with Azure Guard as well, even though those are extremely different levels of difficulty of encounter.

I think things would have worked better if guilds could just have just been chosen to share rotation slot for one mob but not others, or heck even be removed from the rotation on some mobs like Gorenarie that are harder to kill. This would have still given larger guilds more loot overall.

However, due to arbitrary large-guild made rules, Gorenaire became the gatekeeper mob that "had" to be beaten by smaller guilds in order for them to be "allowed" to raid every single other mob that dropped an epic piece, so guilds were forced to do Gorenaire even if they didn't want to. Larger guilds *knew* this would more likely cause smaller guilds to fail out of the rotation because they couldn't field a force for Gorenaire at all hours of the day.

Having access to the "secret" Class R forums was pretty interesting. I definitely screenshotted a lot of interesting threads/posts there before the website was taken down as the Class R rotation was imploding.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

@Yendor

You swallowed the bait. Successfully reacted to my troll. Made my day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't have any hard feelings from those days towards anyone from BDA(excluding not being given back the Locket I donated to VD by the officers when they split the guild bank. That will keep me warm for years).

At the end of the day we did the best we could with an imperfect system. Should every guild in every alliance held their own slot? Probably not. Would it have been more fair for twice the amount of warm bodies that BDA had to have one slot, thereby getting half the loot? Probably not. It was what it was. Each guild leader did the best for their guild they could.

Was the VD officer-group-mole a bastard I hope gets cancer and battles with it for over a decade, eventually loosing? Yes.

The answer to your last question: No.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread