Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you on Oasis specs? I don't think there is a difference between them, but I know Oasis specs spawn times were changed, and so they may have also had their level screwed with? Just a thought.
Sorry, should of clarified I was at specs in feerrott. Oasis specs are harder than feerroot specs.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Interesting. When I went there on my second necro at 37, all Specs were White/Yellow. I'd think at 33, 4 levels under, they'd all be bloody red. But again, that's not from my own observation, that's just why I never tried going there instead of toll booth. I'll try it out when I level my next necro.

I know about Unrest, but I figured that zone gets enough traffic as it is, so I wasn't going to toss it into the guide. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yeah, I think it's at 34 that you start to curb off the Iksar xp penalty, as you get a Lich that is worth a damn. It just becomes more and more valuable from that point, and you feel the penalty less and less.

Ahh, right you are. I'll fix that shortly.

As for Gargoyles, I'll add that without a description, and then try it out on my third necro. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any idea for the level 31-34 range? Halfling Guards is all I have, and there has to be another spot. I reformed the guide's structure and all to not bottleneck as much at specific camps, but that's one level range I've never ended up going anywhere else for.
Spire gnolls in SK work 30-35. So does Vhalen Nostrolo if the SK Treants are taken.

SK is a great zone for Iksar because you can ghetto-bank with Topaz via the Aviak merchant (unlimited supply of topaz to buy) and often times there are other high-value gems you can purchase off the Centaur vendor.

There are also the Cyclops' in WK and the Ogres in WK.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Banned

How easy are those specs at 38?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Never did the Specs much for xp on my necro. I solo'd them starting at 39 on my cleric though and with spook the dead being so mana-efficient I really doubt a 38 would have trouble handling the tree spec + the first one in the cave.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Alright:

1) I've added in Gargoyles with a tentative description of what I know of the camp to the 20-24 range.

2) I added a note about Feerrott Specs being lower level than Oasis Specs.

3) I fixed the Poison (DPS) spell description.

4) I added Splitpaw Gnolls & Froon/Choon to the 31-34 range.

5) I added a link to Smallpox's Research Component spreadsheet under the Words section.

6) Additionally, I added the Aviak Island in OOT to the 12-16 range. The OOT Page on the wiki suggests that the Aviaks will be blued at 13, making it sound like this would be a solid place to go. Anyone have experience leveling a toon here? Next necro I make, I'll try it out, but until there, curious if there are any big reasons to not list this other than the inconvenience of OOT as a zone.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 05-02-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Skeleton

On my Dark Elf Necro I had to kill goblins(100s of goblins) in Butcher Block starting area so the Dwarf merchant would sell to me on sister isle. The other Dwarf beside him was still kos though, so either kill him then sell, or sell by aproaching the back of the tent as to not agro.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

You need to adjust the recommended shoulder pieces. You have the loam encrusted cloak linked and not the amice.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpangoNuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my Dark Elf Necro I had to kill goblins(100s of goblins) in Butcher Block starting area so the Dwarf merchant would sell to me on sister isle. The other Dwarf beside him was still kos though, so either kill him then sell, or sell by aproaching the back of the tent as to not agro.
Neat. You might also be able to get that rep (although it may just be guards/clerics) with the Kaladim Bone Chip quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to adjust the recommended shoulder pieces. You have the loam encrusted cloak linked and not the amice.
Fixed the item list to not include the Cloak among the Shoulders. Solid find, thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Just wanted to say how awesome your guide is, and thank you for taking the time to put this together. I don't really have too much time to play, so I get my EQ fix by lurking the forums/other content online. Your guide was a great and entertaining read for sure.

I've dabbled in the world of necros before, both on live and on here, but after reading through your guide it definitely has renewed my interest in the class. I'll be sure to check out some of your recommended camps if I do end up taking the plunge again when I have some time. Thanks again for the awesome guide!

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 05-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Aviak

awesome guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread