Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-18-2024, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

I feel like it works on some raid mobs, especially lower tier ones, and less so on others. Not a lot of hard parsing for that conclusion though. I do remember looking through a parse on Talendor where a defensive war was taking damage at a rate where they had like 47 seconds before they would have needed a heal. A lot of that's defensive being great, but AC was mitigating a lot too.

Avatar of War on the other hand has the silliest hit distribution I've ever seen. Based on the hit distribution and what I've been able to puzzle out of the combat math it seems like it basically has infinite attack, or at the very least something like 20000 ATK or some such silly number. I believe an infinite attack mob will max hit 50% of the time, and then have an even distribution of the remaining 50% of hits across the other 19 damage intervals...and that's essentially exactly what I've seen on every AoW parse I've ever looked at.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like it works on some raid mobs, especially lower tier ones, and less so on others. Not a lot of hard parsing for that conclusion though. I do remember looking through a parse on Talendor where a defensive war was taking damage at a rate where they had like 47 seconds before they would have needed a heal. A lot of that's defensive being great, but AC was mitigating a lot too.

Avatar of War on the other hand has the silliest hit distribution I've ever seen. Based on the hit distribution and what I've been able to puzzle out of the combat math it seems like it basically has infinite attack, or at the very least something like 20000 ATK or some such silly number. I believe an infinite attack mob will max hit 50% of the time, and then have an even distribution of the remaining 50% of hits across the other 19 damage intervals...and that's essentially exactly what I've seen on every AoW parse I've ever looked at.
I believe even at the time (2001) AoW was famed for being unmitigatable. He was also an interest as it was pretty much the only NPC that had levels of AC equivalent to PCs (something that p99 doesn't really replicate - on this server loads of mobs have decent AC).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-18-2024, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was pretty much the only NPC that had levels of AC equivalent to PCs (something that p99 doesn't really replicate - on this server loads of mobs have decent AC).
Omg is that Nilbog's music!?
Old 01-18-2024, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going from 1100ish to 1250 AC reduced damage taken by 11 per attack. Vs. Puppets, that's about 1 combat round out of 10 mitigated, or about 80 attacks worth of damage mitigated out of the 800ish stacks taken.
Tell me you know how to do math without telling me you know why to do math.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:10 PM
Kobold

(1) theyre twinkes and lazy on leveling their twentieth character (so theyre bad at their class)

(2) theyre enjoying stealing aggro to show off their dps power (so theyre bad at their class, but on purpose kinda)

(3) they are purposefully trying to share damage to get the most out of group regen or heals

(4) they are iust having fun. my preferred way to enliven a xp group as a rogue is to drink 50 alcohols, or make jokes about smoking a quick bowl of Indica Brotherhood. but to each their own i guess