Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Good to be back!

Hi everyone! My name is Jeff, born and raised in Northwest Georgia. I was very shy in middle and high school, and EverQuest was a place I would go after school to truly be myself without fear of judgement. I'm sure you can all relate to the fact that EverQuest does, and always will, hold a special place in my heart. I played from Ruins of Kunark until Lost Dungeons of Norrath, at which point I had become disenchanted by all the changes in the game (not least of which were the updated graphics) and sort of fell out of love with it. On a whim, I was looking around on YouTube for classic EQ stuff when I came across a channel by Vareous/FlattsHD, which is how I came to learn about Project 1999. I could barely contain my excitement at the prospect of reliving the best days of a game that's was so dear to me, especially during such a critical time of social development (high school)
Old 02-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Kobold

Hi, Jeff.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

To put a point on all that, I'm happy to be able to experience this game in what appears to be a dedicated and endearing community. I'm interested in playing a bard or a paladin, as they suite my play style most. I've been reading the FAQ and beginner's materials, but any information or advice (especially specific to those classes) is welcome. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Jeff! Welcome to P99! what class/race did you decide on rolling? I'd love to help you get started with some spell/bag money and a starter weapon or robe. Feel free to hit me up in game! /tell Kellian

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

That's such a nice offer Evia and it gives me the exact sense of community I'm hoping to find with P99. Unfortunately, I don't have a PC right now! I know that seems odd, but I drifted away from PC gaming toward console rpgs like Elder Scrolls and Fallout and actually sold my computer because I was doing everything on my phone or tablet. I hope to be up and running soon though, I just decided to go ahead and register while my excitement is still fresh. I'll probably end up going with a WE bard or maybe a dwarf pally.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Large Rat

Welcome Jeff, I will be starting soon as well. I played a pally when I played in times past, I enjoyed it, fun times. Enjoy.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Welcome back dude!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Welcome to P99 Jeff!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ordered a PC, which should be here Saturday. So excited! Get ready, Greater Faydark.
Closed Thread