Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you not know how to read? You literally copied my opinion without bothering to read it

Here I’ll say it again: “ It was a protest where some members decided to trespass in a federal building, although there are videos of cops letting them in that I’ve seen”

That’s why I think they were there, because they wanted to break into a federal building, and possibly steal some shit, which some of them did. What was their objective? HTF am I going to know that without talking to them or reading their minds?

Their objective initially was to protest, and that protest got out of control and involved breaking and entering, vandalism, and theft. And that’s what they are being charged with
You should watch more videos of what actually happened and form a more informed opinion. Hint: It didn't happen that way.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should watch more videos of what actually happened and form a more informed opinion. Hint: It didn't happen that way.
Still no sources presented. You haven’t provided a single source on their intentions or what “really happened”. So I call complete bullshit
Old 08-19-2021, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh so then you agree, that in some situations someone who is not native to the land perhaps might be more qualified to comment on Afghanistan.
More qualified than who? More qualified than one person or some people? Sure, that may very well be the case, but not all people.

I said Afghans. I chose my words carefully because it was said earlier that the Lt. Commander was more qualified than "anyone, anywhere" which is hard to accept in any context. Regardless of who we are talking about, very few people in history fit that criteria.

As mentioned before, a group with shared knowledge/experiences can offer more credible information overall. One person may be of exceptional value, depending on how experienced they are, but generally the more first-person accounts the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for realizing that it was wrong to say that the people of Afghanistan are more qualified than a US commander to comment about Afghanistan.
"Lief Erikson was more qualified to comment about America than the people of Turtle Island..." is basically what you are saying, which is not a reasonable argument.

Quote:
I just wanted that single point to be clear, it is wrong to assume he knows less about the situation, life in Afghanistan, or the people, because he is not from there.
So than, the next GM on blue should be from EQ live?

The assumption wasn't that he knew less, but that he knew more than anyone, anywhere; that assumption was not one I made, I merely questioned its validity. Can one foreigner be more knowledgeable about an entire country than all of the people within its borders? The answer is a resounding no, unless maybe it's the world's smallest country but according to Google that happens to be Vatican City.

Quote:
Its like saying non americans cant comment on american politics, or what would be better for us, you could see with the naked eye from jupiter what would be better for most americans. That dont make them say they are gonig to do it!
Please indicate where it was said that foreigners shouldn't comment on the region or that they weren't qualified to speak on matters abroad. If even a single sentence alludes to that, it was poorly written. But in following up after the fact, I actually said go to the source itself to learn firsthand, which the person in question did on numerous tours. However, most every group lives in its own bubble, with militaries being no exception. Hollywood. Tourists. Politicians. Karens. Middle-aged elf nerds. The difference is, those in the military often express greater difficulty in trying to assimilate back into civilian life, though some players on p99 would likely face difficulties of their own too. What is a sock if not a receptacle for poop? How do earthquakes happen IRL if there are no dragons?

And to bring the dicussion back around to homelessness again...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home..._United_States
https://www.stripes.com/veterans/202...c-2346395.html
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-19-2021 at 09:22 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 09:20 PM
Banned

Here’s some pics from inside the capital. FUCKING MAYHEM
Old 08-19-2021, 09:26 PM
Banned

Now let’s compare to the black panther “demonstration” within the California capital building, shall we?

Which one looks more serious to you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10655A43-671B-4119-9054-05E9AA23788D.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7BF40D2B-840B-4B77-9771-EACF068AAFD9.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2021, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Old 08-19-2021, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Peaceful.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/us/po...blm/index.html

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/bl...rnd/index.html

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im not saying that either is peaceful but one of us is saying that one of them is and the other is an insurrection.

They are the same thing. Riots. =/= insurrection.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not hear about this. Suicides? Did you not see the autopsy reports?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ck/7128040002/

Natural causes, natural causes, accidental overdose, and the one named Brian Siknick was ruled as stroke:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-riot-n1264562

Where the F did you hear suicide? You talk to Hillary Clinton?
He was referring to the capitol police officers that committed suicide in the wake of Jan 6.

Quote:
These rioters are mostly peaceful protestors

These rioters are insurrectionists

It's dumb and bad gaslighting.
a revolution is a successful insurrection.

Quote:
Quote:
we're storming the capitol it's a revolution
Old 08-19-2021, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Now let’s compare to the black panther “demonstration” within the California capital building, shall we?

Which one looks more serious to you?
as I recall, their houses got blown up and their leaders all died.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was referring to the capitol police officers that committed suicide in the wake of Jan 6.
Source? This is news to me
Closed Thread