Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-10-2023, 10:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue died when we woke the sleeper, long before green. hope that helps

You're probably right! I'd allow at least a year past EoT. Luclin gap was obviously shorter back in the day but there is a bit of staying power to p99. Sadly though both servers, while still fun to play with friends, lack the spirit of original eq now. It is a "custom content" meta Norrath that kind of excludes returning EQ players by it's very age at this point. I love p99. I like how they have it structured. I WISH they would either express their limitations or reasoning behind not just purging and restarting or deprioritizing blue at the least to make way for a fresh timeline.

Either way, I appreciate the community I have gained from joining here in 2020, and will be here when they decide its time to press reset button [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 11-10-2023, 10:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and No, I'm not playing Quarm. I love p99 and will be here when it reboots! =)
Update. Quarm isn't terrible. It isn't p99 though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 11-13-2023, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update. Quarm isn't terrible. It isn't p99 though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AKA Project Rubicite
Old 11-14-2023, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

I thought of trying it but the third person camera shake was lameo. Plus starting all over can be a drain. Hope they do well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2023, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought of trying it but the third person camera shake was lameo. Plus starting all over can be a drain. Hope they do well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The magic of Everquest, for me at least, is in the journey. Starting over is a bad time for anyone on a timeline we've done before, but in 2023 you have innumerable advantages to make it really fun. Between the wiki, Allakazam(sp?), and arguably the most beneficial: Discord, your restart is so much smoother then it once was. Your level of struggle on a fresh server is only limited by you. If you are coming from actively playing on a server where you have friends now on a fresh timeline elsewhere, that is already an advantage.

The UI and camera issues on Quarm are not great at the moment, but I am sure those things could be fixed with time. My worry with PQ is that it is new. Only time will tell if it will have longevity. A private server for a 25 year old video game hosted by anyone for no profit(same as p99) causes concerns over being closed.

The difference in why I love p99 and have faith it will be around is its longevity and experience with their client/systems/community. Quarm is comparable to a business in it's first year. Most fail. I hope it doesn't!
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 12-29-2023, 11:44 AM
Kobold

Quarm is pretty gooood so faaar.
Old 01-04-2024, 03:35 PM
Kobold

p99 was a mess when it launched in 2009. DDOS attacks and tons of bugs. I quit a week in because it felt unplayable. I am so grateful that the devs and enough players stuck around so the project could eventually reach the level it is at today.

Wishing PQ similar luck. PoP is quite a shift from classic EQ, so I look at it as an opportunity to regain a lost segment of EQ community.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 01-05-2024, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

There's something to be said for the reliability of p99. Nobody knows what's in store for PQ. Like a last-minute change to make legacy items not legacy makes it seem like pretty much nothing is off the table. Whatever Secrets feels like doing.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's something to be said for the reliability of p99. Nobody knows what's in store for PQ. Like a last-minute change to make legacy items not legacy makes it seem like pretty much nothing is off the table. Whatever Secrets feels like doing.
Yea legacy items staying in killed it for me, especially the guise. Iksar being able to get the guise totally negates their faction downside.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea legacy items staying in killed it for me, especially the guise. Iksar being able to get the guise totally negates their faction downside.
Wait, really? What the hell?

People frenzied for 4 months and now guises are permanently dropping?

Tricksy hobbitses.