Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-17-2024, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truth is nobody knows. Nothing has been said officially.

With that said, I highly doubt it
I think odds are high that it will happen at some point. They walked back a definite merge at launch because the pop was so high. The pop is low now so there's no reason to keep paying for two servers in the long term.

So I would guess if Rogean and Nilbog ever decide they want to launch a new Green then they'll merge the two current PvE servers because the pop isn't high enough to support 3 of them.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think odds are high that it will happen at some point. They walked back a definite merge at launch because the pop was so high. The pop is low now so there's no reason to keep paying for two servers in the long term.

So I would guess if Rogean and Nilbog ever decide they want to launch a new Green then they'll merge the two current PvE servers because the pop isn't high enough to support 3 of them.
Probably better quality of life to pay for a 2nd server than deal with more than double the complaints and raid issues when you combine 2 severs who individually are highly contesting all the end game content and make them compete for 1 set of mobs/loot. Its not like there are highly valued mobs that are just sitting there unpursued on each server.

We would have to get beyond the point where quaking on a virtually weekly basis is necessary before entertaining the idea that combinging 2 servers would go well at all.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You really think Rog and Nil are going to do another server? This is why I don’t think we will ever merge. The communication here has dried up and it appears interest is absent.

Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one? Especially when they seem prett Mia for the most part.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-17-2024, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably better quality of life to pay for a 2nd server than deal with more than double the complaints and raid issues when you combine 2 severs who individually are highly contesting all the end game content and make them compete for 1 set of mobs/loot. Its not like there are highly valued mobs that are just sitting there unpursued on each server.

We would have to get beyond the point where quaking on a virtually weekly basis is necessary before entertaining the idea that combinging 2 servers would go well at all.
Most people high end raiding on Green are in the high end raiding guilds on Blue as well. You wouldn't really have an influx of high end raiding guilds after a merge. Anyone who is not raiding on Blue are the hardcores who would immediately join the new server and raid there. I'm guessing you don't really raid currently based on this comment.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really think Rog and Nil are going to do another server? This is why I don’t think we will ever merge. The communication here has dried up and it appears interest is absent.

Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one? Especially when they seem prett Mia for the most part.
Maybe. People didn't think Velious would ever come out after years of Kunark. People didn't think Green would ever come out after years of Blue.

If there's one thing I've learned on P99 is that even if there are years of zero communication you never know what could happen
Old 01-18-2024, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:

Rogean posted around Christmas and nilbog posted around Thanksgiving.

Dumb narrative.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one?
Because that’s the point of project 1999. Have a server going through the timeline again and again so people can experience it forever.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean posted around Christmas and nilbog posted around Thanksgiving.

Dumb narrative.
LOL no. The dumb narrative is you thinking a post for Christmas and Thanksgiving is communication.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-18-2024, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
LOL no. The dumb narrative is you thinking a post for Christmas and Thanksgiving is communication.
Well tbf it does counter your point that they've been MIA in general. What they've been MIA on (which I think is the point you meant to make) is what their plans are for P99...are they sticking with doing another server like they said they were going to?

And tbf to Rogean/Nilbog, it's kind of hard to blame them for being MIA on that. A lot of the P99 community, especially on these forums, are quick to drag someone over the coals if something goes wrong. If they said they were planning to launch a new server this fall and merge Blue/Green, and they missed that deadline, they'd suffer a lot of shit from a bunch of people. So there's no real benefit to them to disclose any timeline or plan because if it doesn't happen on time they get a bunch of shit for it. The only benefit to disclosing would be if P99 was visibly dying and they wanted to assure people that things were going to happen...but it's not dying so why subject themselves to abuse if by stating a plan and missing it.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
concede rogean, nilbog was fixing bugs in Oct.