Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HL3 = three characters.

HL3 confirmed.
i like where this is going!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't take this criticism personally, but it sure feels like you're alienating the majority to appease the minority. How is that better?
Freedom.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess that went over your head a bit.

The whole R/C/FFA system was created to limit the ability of Class C to fuck with Class R. However, because you feel that griefing people is some sort of playstyle or emotionally healthy life choice (the mind boggles), you are doing everything you can to blur those boundaries and allow this to continue.

Since this ridiculous position advances to borderline insanity when you consider that the filthy casuals make up a majority of players in the endgame (by the way, I bet that majority is even higher now that the Class R/C system is in place. Fascinating stuff, isn't it) you feel the need to put majority in quotes to emphasize that fact that you don't give a fuck about Class R except as far as they provide targets for Class C.
This is what confuses me. I don't understand where you get this perception that we feel griefing people is ok. You're way over-analyzing the presence of quotations in a statement that was emphasizing our desire to have an enjoyable raid scene for everyone.

Part of the reason we've switched to players policing themselves is to stop the drama and get people to cooperate. It also removes us from the equation and stops people from trying to blame us for problemX.

So where have you been the last 6 months? We've been working hard to try and foster cooperation among these guys and cut down on the hostile and competitive attitudes that are dragging the top end of the server down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager
Don't take this criticism personally, but it sure feels like you're alienating the majority to appease the minority. How is that better?
Because everyone has the privilege of playing here the way they want to play. That's why we have designated Class R targets for our players that want to enjoy the encounter itself and getting together with their friends to complete a challenge, rather than race to the target cut-throat style like class C. FFA spawns are meant to be a middle ground between the two - if you pick your targets strategically, you can get an uncontested spawn or two, especially with TMO and IB trying to clean up VP as quickly as possible on repops. There are targets for everyone, not just one side or the other.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So where have you been the last 6 months? We've been working hard to try and foster cooperation among these guys and cut down on the hostile and competitive attitudes that are dragging the top end of the server down.
OK, please explain to me how this is consistent with allowing players in Class C guilds to have alts in Class R guilds, and how this is not a blatant exploitation of the R/C/FFA system.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, please explain to me how this is consistent with allowing players in Class C guilds to have alts in Class R guilds, and how this is not a blatant exploitation of the R/C/FFA system.
Leadership doesn't encourage our members to join any other guilds, however cross-guild membership isn't simply native to TMO having alts in other guilds. However, we did recently bring to attention some guidelines we expect our members to follow if they do wish to join Class-R guilds. I'll give you the reader's digest of those principles.

-Any member of TMO is not to accept any loot from a raid target killed by a Class-R guild.
-Any member of TMO who tags a character of theirs into a Class-R guild forfeits the right to have that character tagged into TMO at a later date.
-You may not use a character tagged in a Class-R guild to gain DKP under your name in TMO.
-You may not assist TMO on a kill (FFA or Class-C) with any characters that are tagged in a Class-R guild.
-You may not attend TMO events on any character that is tagged in another guild.

In essence, if you are a member of TMO and you choose to tag one of your characters in a Class-R guild, that character is completely unrecognized from TMO and going one step further, blacklisted from future membership. We would also encourage leadership of other guilds who are aware of a member's cross affiliation to report to us the character in their guild and who you feel they might be in ours. We will also do what we can to match the characters for our records.

Some players simply want to experience more mobs, some people might want to fuck your rotation, some people might have friends in other guilds and want to experience game-play with them as well. I can't control people's motivations, but I can control how they effect the different classes and the restrictive rule-set we laid out goes a long way to prevent manipulations.

Chest and I are actually pretty good friends on my BDA tagged toon.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Unbrella I find your post surprisingly reasonable, but I still don't see why the GMs should allow it. The whole point of the R/C/FFA system was to put people in boxes and limit their ability to monopolize the content. If one player can tag toons in 3 Class R guilds and 1 class C guild, they can be present at every raid encounter.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think you guys are stressing out over nothing. Probably a handful of people will even do this. Not enough to make any kind of noticeable difference anyway.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Unbrella doesn't have a BDA tagged toon because he'd know I'm not friends with anyone.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unbrella doesn't have a BDA tagged toon because he'd know I'm not friends with anyone.
I thought our relationship was so much more =/
Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Large Rat

chests officers talk so much shit about him in vent officer channel. hilarious your own officers think you are a tool
Closed Thread