Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaenc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a good thing everquest doesn't require riding an airplane, "The A-Team" would be down a member.
It's OK, we sedate Coeur before we take him up to the Plane of Sky
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually I think A-Team term comes from the military Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) teams, which aren't named in terms of Alpha/Beta in the sense they're being used here, but from the military phonetic alphabet. ODB teams are Operational Detachment Bravo (not Beta). The naming nomenclature has nothing to do with the notions of a first or second team.
I would blame my grammar on laziness when typing on iPhone as I do too often, but I admit that my writing always has tons of mistakes unless I take time to edit it. Graduating from a top 20 law school didn't help much with that either (money wasted).

I stand corrected. As a former army infantry officer with tons of friends now on ODA teams, it's sad I didn't make that connection. But the wiki says it so it must be true.

Dolic
Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The boss was clearly Mona.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Let's see..... Rogean, Nilbog, and the rest of the staff control the game, everyone else just plays it.

Staff: Alpha
All the players: Betas

BTW: This whole "Alpha/Beta" bullshit is more retarded than that white tiger with Down's Syndrome. I said it many times, and I'll say it again (even applying it to myself): EVERYONE PLAYING P99 IS A GODDAMNED BETA. The ones who think they're alphas are really just lying to themselves.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 06-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EVERYONE PLAYING P99 IS A GODDAMNED BETA. The ones who think they're alphas are really just lying to themselves.
p much
Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

dont label me u maggots
Old 06-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ravager, you have to understand that Lazie, like Alarti, is a victim of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is simply not intelligent enough to realize that he gets destroyed every time he posts in RNF, so he simply goes on claiming victory and regurgitating the same one liners until everyone else gets tired.

I think this alpha-beta thing sparked so many pages overnight because guys like Lazie derive almost all of their sense of self worth from EQ. If you attack that, they have nothing. So it drives them into a rustled frenzy.

P.S. DOUBLE POST
Dunning-Kruger effect- Unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.

Sounds like the definition of you every time someone runs into you in game and has to do something productive with you. Your cringe worthy raid ideas that are even further out of touch with reality. If there was a example of taking self worth from this game you would be the prime example Loraen. Your ego is tied up into this server and most people just shake their head and laugh at you when they have to deal with you.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool people to kill dragons with. I think you guys don't get that part of it.
Most of the people are cool individuals on this server honestly. Rants and Flames isn't a good place to judge character. People aren't being serious in this forum.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Oh god, the 'no u' defense. Well I didn't expect anything interesting out of you anyway.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Oh lordy