Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

paladins have always been the technically more proficient 'killers of hard mobs' they are pretty awesome, for the patient, that said, when it comes to pure exp per hr... pallies will never, ever get there, thats why sks are considered better soloers

sks got some ability to bring down stuff by just tapping it into the ground, thats where they excell at, killing dangerous mobs quickly with lifetaps, ht and double attacks, that otherwise wouldnt flee, using pet to soak a lethal mob ability...

But a pally can soak some stuff with their DAs and do heal really well enough to counter a lot of incoming spell dmg and such, and can break and hold some interesting camps with lull and root i suppose

i would probably bet on the pally at frenzy vs the sk - the pally would need less clickies and raid gear to do it too
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-06-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Old 05-06-2020, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Soloing with either is painful. I still think the summoning mobs is where the Sk edges the pally...because often those can be feared still (up to 55?).

Trading hit for hit and recovering hps it's pally a landslide. That said, you can pull some dirty tricks with a pet and clinging darkness.

Taps and HT got way better with post-Velious expansions. As it sits they are pretty marginal. I understand Unholy Aura increases tap/dot damage though which for a survivalist challenge might do better in the long-run than a big HT.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has gotten me really curious now what a lvl 60 geared Paladin can solo with 35% slow weapon & an anklesmasher for fleeing nameds.

An SK with a shitty long cast lifetap vs Paladin 1.5 second cast 700 pt heal with only a 6 second delay between total duration and recast time, Lay Hands, stuns, root, calm, and now the only class for Soulfire charges. I could see where FD would come in handy but Shaman's without it have topped the solo challenge.
Shamans also have a 100 mana, 3 minute root and 1,400 dmg mana free dot. Plus a 75% slow + other debuffs. And then torpor.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 05-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think anyone genuinely thought a pally or sk could hold a candle to a shaman (or any caster except a cleric).
Then again, I'm not a FT-whatever Vulak axe swinging mofo.
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-07-2020 at 12:25 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

it sux they dont get meditate and specialization, but they were not meant to be a 'main' class they were meant to be kind of rp classes, with the distinction of being hard, but not as hard as warrior, but not as powerful

i am pretty sure Brad nailed it with the paladin class

so i hve zero complaints, the price of divinity is high, the road is slower

that said i am still interested in seeing what people can solo ) on blue there is not that much 'left to do'

if u find a way to solo a velks named i'll color myself impressed or w/e
Old 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it sux they dont get meditate and specialization, but they were not meant to be a 'main' class they were meant to be kind of rp classes, with the distinction of being hard, but not as hard as warrior, but not as powerful

i am pretty sure Brad nailed it with the paladin class

so i hve zero complaints, the price of divinity is high, the road is slower

that said i am still interested in seeing what people can solo ) on blue there is not that much 'left to do'

if u find a way to solo a velks named i'll color myself impressed or w/e
Paladins do get meditate bro, you prob thinking of bards.

A tov pally with velious heal should theoretically be able to down some impressive named.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins do get meditate bro, you prob thinking of bards.

A tov pally with velious heal should theoretically be able to down some impressive named.
ya brain ded ur right lol i should know this

u made me excited to see a ToV pally solo something
Closed Thread