Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Is this troll thread still rollin'?

LOL!
Old 10-01-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

axten you do a great job of collecting data from p99 but you must check that against data you have collected from 1999

like you say 6/7 is not classic, but unless you prove to me what is classic I can't say it isnt!
Old 10-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried LGuk King three times yesterday. Crit resists all three times when trying to pacify the room (twice on a knight and once on a shaman). Died once, escaped through the portal twice.

EnChAnTeR BrOkEn
big woosh on missing the point that you even had a chance to lock down a hard classic camp by yourself.

unlucky on resists, bails, rants.

what other class even had a CHANCE to try that?
Old 10-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ EMu = not real server, this is emulated

you stupid?
Impressive join date. You legitimately don't understand the purpose of this server.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Here we go guys...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343453

Funny post from cd288 in this thread.

Quote:
Please please please implement this change staff. I really want to see the looks of horror on all the peoples' faces from the nerf Enchanters thread when they realize that their complaints caused people to realize that the biggest issue with why Charm killing is significantly easier on P99 was that channeling was broken and all their casters are now nerfed too.
So we're in agreement?

This bug thread seems to have fallen to the wayside but it reveals a few important things.

1. Channeling skill likely should not apply to push which is a separate roll.

Quote:
One caveat to this...channeling doesn't apply to being bashed, stunned, or moving. Even with a high channeling skill, if you get bashed, stunned, or moved too far, you're going to lose your spell. That hasn't changed.
Rashere
Lead Designer

https://web.archive.org/web/20061207...sage.id=239994

2. Channeling is not a global roll for all attacks it's a per attack roll.

Quote:
PC spell interrupt logic was rewritten to match a decompile taken from the client. That doesn't mean errors aren't possible, but it does mean that it's likely correct.

Keep in mind that it does these two things:

Every hit on you while casting a spell each has its own interrupt roll, so if you're casting a spell that's easy to interrupt, it's not likely to succeed if you're hit a lot.

Spells that are six or more levels under your current level get a significant channeling bonus. This bonus grows the older the spell is.
Torven
TAKP Staff client decompile data

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...38/#post-80157

So EQ staff post in 2004 confirms channeling SKILL is not relevant to move interrupts. Is this how P99 works? Unknown but it's not how the EQEmu code works.

Decompile of client shows each hit gets an interrupt roll? Is this how P99 works? Unknown but it's not how the EQEmu code works.

Lower level spells should have a channeling bonus, also mentioned by Rashere. Is this how P99 works? Unknown but it doesn't seem to be how the EQEmu code works.

Bumped the old bug thread. Glad we could circle back on this and I find the post from cd288 in the bug thread hilarious.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impressive join date. You legitimately don't understand the purpose of this server.
Lol, pay no mind... it's just the *checks world number* 5th iteration of Bigsham doing Bigshammy things.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried LGuk King three times yesterday. Crit resists all three times when trying to pacify the room (twice on a knight and once on a shaman). Died once, escaped through the portal twice.

EnChAnTeR BrOkEn
ur right. No ench have been solo farming efreeti, king etc in lguk, undertow/estrella, etc in KK for months and month. Not possible. Can't be done until 60 and even then you have to luck box it.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:38 PM
Banned

Seems like channeling might be a little OP, definitely seems that way at lower levels compared to what I seem to remember on live during Kunark era and a bit beyond when I played.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur right. No ench have been solo farming efreeti, king etc in lguk, undertow/estrella, etc in KK for months and month. Not possible. Can't be done until 60 and even then you have to luck box it.
But it's all down to RNG and most of the higher difficulty camps the RNG is going to take a dump on the enchanter the vast majority of the time.

You might as well say warriors could solo them too by simply dodging all the attack and resisting spells.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Aviak

I’m no pro at this but when it comes to exp grinding channeling almost never comes into play for me. If I’m not being an idiot I’ll at most have one mob on me when charm breaks and use stun before anything else. Why does everyone consider channeling important to enchanter solo?
Closed Thread