Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

If I'm in a group and an item drops for a class who can use it then I'll nbg. After 12 years on Live I'm here to play for fun. If I need something specific I can call on my guildmates and they on me.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm in a group and an item drops for a class who can use it then I'll nbg. After 12 years on Live I'm here to play for fun. If I need something specific I can call on my guildmates and they on me.
This.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqumada286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember years ago on live that I was playing in a PUG in Skyfire ad we hashed out the rules. I prefer NBG, because that is just my nature, but was outvoted by the group that we would random everything. The first item to drop was the monk epic quest item, the book of Immortals. and I was playing my monk. The entire party basically said "Sorry, but we're going to random this." I didn't win the roll, the necromancer did. Basically he spent the next hour waving the fact that he had won the item and how much he was going to get for selling it. (I guess he didn't notice the No Drop part of the item description) This was right up to the moment the 56th level Necromancer Pet dropped. Then he was all for NBG and implored the party to allow him to loot it. I argued again with the party that they said that everything was to be done by random and that we needed to be consistent. So we rolled...and I won. The necro suddenly wanted to make a trade. I calmly informed him that the item he insisted that he could roll on was a No Drop and he was stuck with it, and that I was sure I could sell the spell for a few plat. He said he would buy it off of me. I told him that the spell would cost him 50K platinum. He ragequit the party after that, shouting out to the zone that melee characters should never be allowed to roll on spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A couple of days later I gave the spell to a guildmate necro who needed it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Torqumada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great story!

Apparently, there is a relation between being selfish and the class you choose.

NB4G FTW!
I love it because anyone with half a brain that thinks about this story for more than two seconds will realize it only strengthens the argument for "greed" rolling.

Here's a hint: that necro will play NBG on items he can use, and greed roll for items he can't. There are a shitton of jackasses on this server who will game the system like that any chance they get.

And I quote greed because it's not greedy. Getting 1/6th of the loot (in the long run) is the exact definition of your fair share.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Kobold

If something drops that I need and no one else needs it I just take it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Aviak

Never understood why someone would be dickish enough to take an item from someone who would use it as a legitimate upgrade.

I will always NBG. If my group insists on greed rolling when someone needs an item, I'll roll, and if I win I'll give it to the person who needs it. Savok and I would get along well.
Last edited by Volsic; 02-14-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Round up all of the people with classes who don't generally or can't use a fungi tunic, but are willing to sit at the camp. I'll brt.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Out of pity, I tend to let rangers and warriors exclusively roll on valuable items. My class can make money by farming seafuries; the aforementioned classes don't have that option.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of pity, I tend to let rangers and warriors exclusively roll on valuable items. My class can make money by farming seafuries; the aforementioned classes don't have that option.
what do you know giegue
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luckily I don't think there is a large line of people dying to group with you so there should be plenty of other groups available.
Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.