Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

see you boys and girls there
Awesome picture... although from my experience on WoW emu, Barrens chat is now just "Trump," "Cuck," generic racism/ edgelord shit. RIP Chuck Norris jokes and Thunderfury links.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not like you have anything better to do
Salty Shinko
Old 11-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

8 Things You Forgot About Vanilla World of Warcraft

Good video to recap what you're getting into here with the original game. Personally I like it but I think a lot of people are gonna bite off more than they can chew.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Would play casually

Horde troll hunter

Alliance dwarf warrior
Old 11-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the last part really apply to this considering how much people have been calling for this and all the private server bs? Blizz seemed to resist the idea at first. This feels like them listening to fans rather than milking their game.
This is a glass half-full / glass half-empty sort of deal. You can claim that the film industry and music industry is just doing the same thing: Responding to customer demand.

In the long run however, people have a habit of asking for more of the same right up until they are sick to death of it. As Henry Ford once said: "If I asked people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse." Sequels and 5 different remix Music releases do give people what they ask for. But the truth is -- people want new inventive shit and just don't ask for it.

Innovation is being passed up on however, because it is much higher risk than just doing what is proven to work.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

As much as I adore vanilla wow, it totally takes over my professional life. The only addiction problem I've ever experienced came from freaking nilla' wow. So, for my career's sake, I'm going to *try* to stay away. Very exciting though! I'm glad Blizzard has finally listened to their fanbase.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol at running DM at level 18. Do you head to WC at 20?

Do you have trouble doing content at the appropriate levels or something?
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/The_Deadmines

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Wailing_Caverns

looks like 18 and 20 are both well within level ranges.

Please tell me truly why you are so mad?
Old 11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I adore vanilla wow, it totally takes over my professional life. The only addiction problem I've ever experienced came from freaking nilla' wow. So, for my career's sake, I'm going to *try* to stay away. Very exciting though! I'm glad Blizzard has finally listened to their fanbase.
same gurl
Old 11-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

They should do what Runescape did:

1. make a classic server with a few minor QOL changes,
2. keep the content classic/timelined for X amount years
3. then introduce brand new classic-style content that was never seen before. This can mean harder raids than Naxx3.0, harder dungeons, etc, something to keep the server going if it isnt a progression server.

It'll be ran entirely by a separate team, separate developer team, etc, just like Runescape.

It's important to remember that progressing through Molten Core, BWL, AQ40, etc, is extremely easier a decade+ later. They will need to do some customizing in my opinion to keep end game engaging to their players.

I also figured this would be free with a subscription, but other forums are hinting that it would require a recent/upcoming expansions to access classic, hmmm.
Last edited by Daloon; 11-06-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Banned

gundumb seriously upset someone would do trivial content 2 levels higher than the bare minimum

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread