Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Won't be too upset if they can't get spellbook medding working. Such a silly concept.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

High pop at launch, then when people realize how hard it is, it'll drop way off.

"Snare doesn't stack with root?!"
"I can't solo on my Pally?!"
"Trueshot Bow requires how much Fletching?!"

Oh man, it's going to be so much fun! It'll be kinda hard for bards to swarm with 50 people in every single zone.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 06-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't be too upset if they can't get spellbook medding working. Such a silly concept.
What I worked out was the spellbook pops up on screen, with a meditate and stand button beneath it. Chat boxes and health/mana bards remain on screen but everything else fades to blackness.

Just not made for widescreen with no standard UI.

I thought it was a good RP concept and was well done. Listening to the sounds around me while I couldn't see anything, totally focused on my spellbook. Putting my 3d positional audio card to good use. Finally being relieved when I had mastered it enough to not need it and could see.
Last edited by Mblake81; 06-13-2019 at 09:20 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Hm. I wonder...

There's a few quests for turning Plat->XP at okish ratios. Rogues can pickpocket safely off anything that's aggroed enough. It takes bards significant time to burn down giant piles of mobs. Pickpocketing other people's mobs confirmed classic and not a bannable offense, and the social stigma against doing it will basically vaporize if you're doing it to a bard.

Wheels turning...
Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

My prediction is the pop will be low for a while, if not the whole time, because all the blue players are like "I already invested all this hard work" and like GeldorEQ says, "snare, root?" etc...

But then when the servers are merged, and all those idiots see everyone with guises and manastones, they are going to feel like such idiots for not going to green lolz
Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Will non-fleeing mobs take full damage from DoT's? Can't remember if that was a thing. Would be nice to kite without fear.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

It may have been mentioned, but won't the server likely be capped at say 2k or whatever? Can the servers here handle 3k? 4k?

I think there's a fair number of abandoned/rarely used accounts on blue, and those players may very well make their way back for this new reboot. I would not be surprised in the least to see the dial hit 3k if allowed.

Then again nasty lag in certain zones or even server wide was also classic in the early days so...

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 06-13-2019, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My prediction is the pop will be low for a while, if not the whole time, because all the blue players are like "I already invested all this hard work" and like GeldorEQ says, "snare, root?" etc...

But then when the servers are merged, and all those idiots see everyone with guises and manastones, they are going to feel like such idiots for not going to green lolz
Really, starting your entire character over, years of playing with fully decked out Velious gear is worth a dark elf illusion? You can't even use manastones outside of classic zones, they are mostly worthless besides a few rare occasions a wizard or druid is doing something near their bind point or port in. I would assume in all of those situations it would be more efficient to accomplish those PvE goals by being an enchanter or shaman.

I'm sure 3 years from now when there is a merge and some dude is spamming a manastone in EC tunnel with nothing to do people are going to be kicking themselves.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really, starting your entire character over, years of playing with fully decked out Velious gear is worth a dark elf illusion?
Considering I doubt you've even played everquest in 4 years, id say yeah its totally worth it.

You can buy a manastone, but you cant buy DE illusion.

If 20 mana is the difference between an item costing 5k and 50k then I sure do think that DE illusion is priceless.
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-13-2019 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Hippo admit it you will be on green

Also at least old holly will do her part to keep the denizens at bey

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-13-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Closed Thread