Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the positives outweigh the negatives. They fixed the main problem for the vast majority of players, in alleviating the extremely heavy saturation in the noob zones. I don't see the split lasting all that long, before the servers are merged.

The numbers also don't seem that far off, with around 1k players at peak time, for a new server in it's infancy.

The big difference here is that we probably had most people join up close to the start, where as back in the day players continued to gradually trickle in on a steady basis. So the split was really the only practical way to make it playable for the vast majority.
Yeah im concerned we have hobbled the midgame on both servers in the name of there not being enough fire beetles for people who were likely going to quit before hitting level 20 anyway (a problem that solves itself naturally as player levels stratify).

Bearing in mind numbers of players on both servers will only decline over the coming months. In addition to that, you kno its gonna be a total shit show when/if they attempt a server merge, but thats another day.
Last edited by Ultragamma; 11-08-2019 at 02:14 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brussel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can count on the fact that Ultragamma does not work. Aside from a bizarre notion of putting "work" into Everquest.

He even made a new forum account to continue the trolling, likely after he was ridiculed on his other account(s).
I've been streaming P99 EQ for years under this name and use this as my in game name, I just havent posted on the forums.

I think you might be the one whos lost.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah im concerned we have hobbled the midgame on both servers in the name of there not being enough fire beetles for people who were likely going to quit before hitting level 20 anyway (a problem that solves itself naturally as player levels stratify).

Bearing in mind numbers of players on both servers will only decline over the coming months. In addition to that, you kno its gonna be a total shit show when/if they attempt a server merge, but thats another day.
It's true that it is a compromise, but a seemingly necessary one. Not much different than on live when they continuously opened new servers as the overall population grew. The game needs to be playable for those just starting, else they will leave and go play something else. At least if Sony wanted those subscription payments.

It's a better situation, at least temporarily, to have everyone with more than enough to keep them busy, rather than have many shuffling around at a snail's pace. A player can't really do anything to fix a lack of mobs, but on the flip side, a player CAN adjust to smaller group play and still keep plenty busy. And I think it mirrors the classic experience.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 11-09-2019, 01:22 AM
Banned

shouldnt assume it will decline, i almost waited until planes were out to even start

theres almost no content in at this point in the timeline
Old 11-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Aviak

After waiting a bit to make a comment on the split I would have to say that it is a lot harder to find a group and even in prime time. I think I preferred the server with a higher population. I think the reasoning used, that the GMs workload increased due to petitions and having to decrease spawn timers etc., was flawed. This is just my view mind.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Orc

YEP
Server is packed during - PEAK times
I logged in at 5AM and Black Burrow was already taken
* List for all the high $$$ items
Old 11-10-2019, 07:06 PM
Large Rat

Why does my client now ask me to come to the forums and get a spell file when it didn't before? What do I do or where do I go for this file? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefluffy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After waiting a bit to make a comment on the split I would have to say that it is a lot harder to find a group and even in prime time. I think I preferred the server with a higher population. I think the reasoning used, that the GMs workload increased due to petitions and having to decrease spawn timers etc., was flawed. This is just my view mind.
Dude even with teals pop of 1000 or so it’s too much. If you can’t find a group that’s on you not the population.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

the high population makes it harder to find a group lol, and the split helped with that some. everything is super camped and groups already going have their choice of replacement candidates.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

If it's like tlp some people always find it hard to find group no matter what. Some because they play at very odd times other because they don't go right places. So there will always be some people complaining about finding groups.
Closed Thread