Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Default Craigslist Douchebaggery

Now I love me CL... Wonderful way to find a deal. However, as a seller lately I've delt with a lot of douchebaggery.

Selling a used washer and dryer since our new house came with some. Both for $100.00. Work fine. Had three people that called not show up. Another couple shows being rude and demands $80.00. Ask if we can meet at $90.00 and they walk. Okay, at least they showed and made an offer. Another guy shows up and claims he wants it, but needs to go get money for it and a special piece at the hardware store to convert it to 220. Never comes back.

Finally, a guy does come. We agree on a price and haul both out to his truck. We load them up, and right when he closes the tailgate this guy goes, "So, can you take $80?"

I stick to the price we agreed to and he begins to act like a bear with a sore ass. He starts counting just $100.00 from a wad of $20s he has. This guy was even bragging to me about his new 30k truck before we loaded it up and he sees how better off fiancially he is than an Army NCO like myself and he wants to try and put a thumb on me after we AGREED to a price? If you wanted to negotiate you do it before you agree to a price or at least before we load them into your truck.

Could he at least not have the audacity not to act like I just fucked his wife when I tell him, "No. $100. We can unload it if you like."
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Shitty, Personally ill never sell anything on craigslist that requires someone meeting me at my house.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Default Oh...

And before anyone else does...

U mad bro?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

maybe you wouldn't meet the dregs of society if you weren't selling cheap trash on craigslist, you broke plebe
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

The 'Yeah, I'd like to come take a look at it, how do I get there?' and then not show up bit irks the hell out of me.

I assume he just wanted my address to come case my house. I try to meet them somewhere unless its something too big to move, like a couch.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Used washing machines make me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TqBSI8ZBzQ
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Tip for future when you are selling. Get the money BEFORE you help load up whatever you are selling into his truck =)
Old 10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Part of me thinks it comes with the territory, being a free ebay, for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I use Craigslist for a lot of stuff, got a job and a car off of it as a matter of fact, but on something where people don't really have to invest any time to get a phone number, it makes it easy to not care back.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Hello. I will pay you 5 times your asking price, but unfortunately, I cannot be there to pick up the product or inspect it because I am on business in London. But I will send my friend to pick the item up. I will mail you a money order, I just need the following information from you:

First Name
Last Name
Home Address
Phone Number
Work Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Social Security Number
Bank Account Number
Mother's Maiden Name
Which hand you masturbate with

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

I used to buy hookers on craigslist.

God Damn government interfering with my civil liberties.
Closed Thread