Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said it yourself: "companies like money".
Wasn't that exactly what I said in my suggestion? That is the way with which you solve the problem. Now, it's a different matter all together whether or not the PvP loving EQ community can actually muster up the required money to make things happen, but for sure, that is the solution to almost any issue in the world.

Look, I'm not saying we will be successful with Daybreak/Rogean/whoever is pulling the strings, just pointing out the way to approach the subject.
You seem to be suffering from an insane amount of gullibility.

No there are not solutions to everything in the world that is why the world is often a shitty place.

Daybreak has their own servers they charge 15 dollars a month for, they aren't going to hand away rights to anyone.

You can't offer Rogean a price he will accept because he will be sued into oblivion by daybreak.

The only real world non fairytale solution would be to buy the rights off Daybreak or buy Daybreak, and they were just acquired for 300 million, you got 300 million?
Or decompile an Emu's code and build your own server, baring that...

You're fucked, and you can wish upon as many stars as you like but the daydream ends with a big D going in your A anyway you slice it.
Last edited by New_Guy; 01-05-2022 at 04:24 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

That’s why I put in a combined 1hrs a day during my bathroom breaks putting in my time campaigning for red. Sometimes I even spend time on the board when I could be doing something fun.

P99 red 2.0 is our best hope.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Disappointed.

Classic Only, All casters spells do Physical damage.

All melee do spell damage. Slashing Magic, Blunt fire, Piercing cold, Hand to hand disease, bow damage gets to choose. (Forgot Poison. Two handers, Poison Damage.)

/shrugs, I guess the Physical spell damage thing would be dumb. Especially if its AC based and Warriors.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

In theory AC should be able to mitigate melee damage but it doesn’t do shit compared to magic poison disease cold fire resists against spells.

But spells work from range. I don’t think there is any way to make the game more balanced really just gotta deal with it. Melee doesn’t run out of mana and with stamina non functional here it’s even better for melee
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to be suffering from an insane amount of gullibility.

No there are not solutions to everything in the world that is why the world is often a shitty place.

Daybreak has their own servers they charge 15 dollars a month for, they aren't going to hand away rights to anyone.

You can't offer Rogean a price he will accept because he will be sued into oblivion by daybreak.

The only real world non fairytale solution would be to buy the rights off Daybreak or buy Daybreak, and they were just acquired for 300 million, you got 300 million?
Or decompile an Emu's code and build your own server, baring that...

You're fucked, and you can wish upon as many stars as you like but the daydream ends with a big D going in your A anyway you slice it.
Okay I see the way you view the world. Everything is an insurmountable obstacle in the big bad scary world and we're just insignificant little ants which cannot achieve anything so let's just go and hide in our little holes forever.

I just view it differently, from experience and being an optimist. After all, I don't care if Daybreak is a $3B corporation. Why? Because in the end, it's ran by normal human beings just like you and me and everything IS possible, in theory. Let me reiterate again, I'm not saying that we will succeed or that it's even likely,. Look buddy, you're probably right in the end in that it will not go anywhere. But what is there to loose in opening up a dialogue? At least getting a no after offering them something in return is just normal business procedure as any and will give us clarity rather than spending years in this thread (which is quite entertaining), praying to deaf ears.

Also, note that most of your arguments are just assumptions of what actions, unknown persons to you, will take. You just never know 100%, hence it's always worth trying. More unlikely things have happened in our world over the ages...
Last edited by Larken; 01-06-2022 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: na
Old 01-06-2022, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Let us know how your phone call with the EverQuest division of daybreak games a division of megacorp inc goes and when they’re gunna launch rallos zek 2.0 using archived server code that isn’t compatible with any of their current anti cheat software or server management software goes.

Wishing you sincere luck in this endeavor and dreaming hard.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Red99DAO has potential
Old 01-06-2022, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay I see the way you view the world. Everything is an insurmountable obstacle in the big bad scary world and we're just insignificant little ants which cannot achieve anything so let's just go and hide in our little holes forever.

I just view it differently, from experience and being an optimist. After all, I don't care if Daybreak is a $3B corporation. Why? Because in the end, it's ran by normal human beings just like you and me and everything IS possible, in theory. Let me reiterate again, I'm not saying that we will succeed or that it's even likely,. Look buddy, you're probably right in the end in that it will not go anywhere. But what is there to loose in opening up a dialogue? At least getting a no after offering them something in return is just normal business procedure as any and will give us clarity rather than spending years in this thread (which is quite entertaining), praying to deaf ears.

Also, note that most of your arguments are just assumptions of what actions, unknown persons to you, will take. You just never know 100%, hence it's always worth trying. More unlikely things have happened in our world over the ages...
I gave you two real world solutions, earn 300 million dollars, or start learning C++ to decompile and reverse engineer your own server.

In the real world that's how things get done, hard work and determination.

But you decided to go with wishing upon a star. Let us know when you land back on our side of the rainbow. Because convincing companies not to like money because you're a boy with a dream, ain't happening.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave you two real world solutions, earn 300 million dollars, or start learning C++ to decompile and reverse engineer your own server.

In the real world that's how things get done, hard work and determination.

But you decided to go with wishing upon a star. Let us know when you land back on our side of the rainbow. Because convincing companies not to like money because you're a boy with a dream, ain't happening.
I was the one who wrote about "the real world solution" before you did and now somehow you're trying to claim I'm wishing on a rainbow or something, so disingenuous of you, even though my previous posts is just a page back and addressed directly to you.

Since I first brought it up I mentioned that money will be the way to go, basically open up a dialogue and ask what the price is and/or if there's a solution. That's the real world I'm talking about and which you now are as well. So then we agree...? Or are you just a forum troll trying to rustle feather here for fun?

This is what I wrote 2 posts ago, addressed to you directly:

Posted by Larken
"Now, it's a different matter all together whether or not the PvP loving EQ community can actually muster up the required money to make things happen, but for sure, that is the solution to almost any issue in the world."
Old 01-07-2022, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I was the one who wrote about "the real world solution" before you did and now somehow you're trying to claim I'm wishing on a rainbow or something, so disingenuous of you, even though my previous posts is just a page back and addressed directly to you.

Since I first brought it up I mentioned that money will be the way to go, basically open up a dialogue and ask what the price is and/or if there's a solution. That's the real world I'm talking about and which you now are as well. So then we agree...? Or are you just a forum troll trying to rustle feather here for fun?

This is what I wrote 2 posts ago, addressed to you directly:

Posted by Larken
"Now, it's a different matter all together whether or not the PvP loving EQ community can actually muster up the required money to make things happen, but for sure, that is the solution to almost any issue in the world."
Cool, so when do you think you will have the 300 mill by, Wednesday?