Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 03:39 PM
Banned

Also this video demonstrates why civilians shouldn't bare arms unless they are part of and on a mission from said well regulated militia.

If untrained crazy ppl didn't walk around armed to the teeth cops would never need guns only swat would.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why cops even needs guns really - give them bean bag rifles, clubs, and stun guns IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id rather the police didnt think they were super hero's and their job is to save lives.

It's to maintain order.

They are not ED-209's designed to protect us from all harm. I dont need protection from harm. I dnt need them running around shooting people to protect others from it either.
Spoken like someone who has never been in a life-threatening situation with another violent offender before. Everyone that has changes their fucking tune real fast.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoken like someone who has never been in a life-threatening situation with another violent offender before. Everyone that has changes their fucking tune real fast.
Yup.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:44 PM
Banned

why bother policing when you can execute everyone
way easier amirite
(LOL)
Old 04-21-2021, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

OH i forgot you guys all came from warzones.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fer9ql7itc
Old 04-21-2021, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OH i forgot you guys all came from warzones.
Yeah, let's focus on changing this instead of burning down a city because a white male cop protected an unarmed black woman.

If that cop didn't care he would have just got in his vehicle and drove to where deadly force wasn't necessary. Less paperwork. Who cares about that neighborhood anyway? Or that girl in the pink. /s
Old 04-21-2021, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this video demonstrates why civilians shouldn't bare arms unless they are part of and on a mission from said well regulated militia.
The English language changes over time. You ARE part of that well-regulated militia, by 1790's understanding of what that phrase meant. The militia was understood to be any able-bodied man from about 14 to 60 or so. "Well-regulated" must be understood in context of its era--ordinary professional soldiers were called "regulars." The idea was that the militia (meaning the general populace) should be equipped as well as the regular army, thus eliminating the need for the nation to maintain a large standing army. "Well-regulated," in that context, meant what we today would call "well equipped." They meant it, too. An ordinary citizen, back then, could own anything the army could: Not just small arms, but bombs, grenades, rockets, field artillery--absolutely everything up to fully-armed naval warships. The folks who founded this nation thought large standing armies were evil things and wanted to ensure their new nation wouldn't NEED a large permanent standing army. They even got away with it for awhile, but it's been a long time since the U.S. army was small.

Of course technology changes over time, too. I might argue that I don't particularly want my neighbor fielding nuclear weapons or Sarin gas canisters, and maybe the second amendment as-written is perhaps a bit out of date--but fix it via the constitutional amendment process, not by "interpreting" rights out of existence. I've never liked that kind of weasel tactic and never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why cops even needs guns really - give them bean bag rifles, clubs, and stun guns IMO
My opinion of the police (and I used to do that job, years back) is that since they're part of the citizenry, they should have access to the same things anyone else in their area has--no more, no less. I don't like turning the police into a militaristic occupying army.

Danth
Old 04-21-2021, 04:03 PM
Banned

A well regulated militia to me in modern terms means. Training. Standards. And an armory. A chain of command. A muster.

Much like the national guard but less active and maybe only monthly drills. And a short basic.

But, holy crap modern people would lose their shit if they had to maintain a motorpool one day a month lol. And maybe walk around the neighborhood picking up garbage occasionally.
Last edited by starkind; 04-21-2021 at 04:06 PM..
Old 04-21-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

It's a good thing Danth can read the minds of men who died centuries ago or I might have to form my own opinions.
Closed Thread