Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

On P99 there are "haves" and "have nots". The "haves" think everything is working great and the "have nots" think everything is toxic and make retarded RnF posts.

Praying for you OP
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

OP is making another "money is the root of all evil" argument.

Certainly the toxicity on the server has nothing to do with bitter 40 year olds desperately trying to chase the dragon of pixel induced endorphins that they became addicted to as kids.

Nah, definitely can't be that.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

I think that’s one of the things that made classic EQ and P99 unique. Your reputation and the political alliances you form are paramount to succeeding in the end game. It’s like a little GoT world full of Joffreys, Ned Starks and Little Fingers. Trust is a commodity worth its weight in platinum.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that’s one of the things that made classic EQ and P99 unique. Your reputation and the political alliances you form are paramount to succeeding in the end game. It’s like a little GoT world full of Joffreys, Ned Starks and Little Fingers. Trust is a commodity worth its weight in platinum.
So... The Real World?
Old 04-20-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

when you can't think of a good topical meme, but are still compelled to post ^
Old 04-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Kobold

71503C8D-9FA9-4586-B5A4-8DB1050D946C.jpg
Old 04-20-2021, 06:47 PM
Kobold

He’s not wrong. I mean think of the only reason you’re really mad for losing a dragon. It’s because you invest 4 hours of your life into that one thing and now you get nothing. That’s also why people don’t change guilds ever, it takes a year in whatever mega guilds there are now to get a vindi bp so why change guilds and start that process over?
Old 04-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s not wrong. I mean think of the only reason you’re really mad for losing a dragon. It’s because you invest 4 hours of your life into that one thing and now you get nothing. That’s also why people don’t change guilds ever, it takes a year in whatever mega guilds there are now to get a vindi bp so why change guilds and start that process over?
Not even close to remotely true lol. Depending how dedicated you want to be tracking / racing / ETing you can easily make the DKP for a decent item in a month or two. Unless you're saving for a specific item like vulak gloves or a ruby tear, those will definitely take longer, and if you dont track / sock / race you basically will never see that item no matter how much flat kill DKP you earn.

Ive earned and spent more dkp faster in Riot than I ever did in AG. Dont know how Vanquish's system works beyond what I've heard about emphasizing roles and minimizing kill DKP. Dont care to learn any more, happy with my throughput here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 04-20-2021, 10:26 PM
Banned

I had to leave a Guild on World of Warcraft that I otherwise really liked because of the DKP system.

I was a Rogue and despite being the top DPS in the entire 25 man guild I was ineligible for loot for 6+ months because Rogues share the same token as Death Knights, Mages, and Druids, and in that 25 man guild there was so many Mages, Death Knights, Druids and even other Rogues who had more DKP than me that I actually got a calculator out and did the math on it, and even if the items I needed dropped every week (which would never happen), it would come out to like 4-5 months before I would have my chance at getting loot. By that time the new raid would have already come out, so I was basically raiding for no reason.

Now maybe that's just me being greedy, for not wanting to raid for 6 months straight to watch guys who are doing inferior dps and not showing up to half the raids get loot before I become eligible for a single item, but when you can join literally any new guild, or a guild that doesn't use DKP and have a fair shot at those items the same day... it's a no brainer.

Think the final nail in the coffin was when another Rogue, who was an officer, had missed a ton of raids. In fact, I had only seen him on one raid since I joined (I had been raiding for about a month), and the best Rogue dagger in the entire game dropped (Scaleslicer at the time). I was super excited because I was the only Rogue who had shown up. Do I get this dagger? No, it goes into the Guild Leader's bags for the other Rogue who no one has seen for a month. Other people in the raid actually got upset because they knew I was the only person who showed up to every raid and was consistently top DPS.

But yeah, that was it for me. I didn't rage, I waited til a few hours after the raid, and I joined another guild, and a week later when my Guild Leader saw me I already had better gear than he did by simply joining a newer guild where everyone had a fair shot at loot. He seemed to resent the fact that my items were better than his, like I didn't deserve to have better gear than he did? Like IDK. Very strange mentality.

DKP can be very toxic.
Closed Thread