Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Orc

Default Mid level group issues?

I don't want to point fingers or say particular instances because I don't want to start any drama... but I am curious if anyone else is noticing this lately? It seems like 30+ I am just running into people who have no regard for a groups integrity.

By this I mean that they will risk a groups safety and well being(and of course, phat loot/xp) simply because they *want* to do something. Im not talking about doing risky camps because they want a drop or having 3 druids instead of a cleric. I simply mean people in a standard group setting who decide to disregard standard roles because they feel they are better at something.

If I had to give an example: A bard who demands he is main CC when they have a chanter in the group of equal or greater than level and such.

Yes, the bard can do it, but wtf is the enchanter doing then? Also, enchanter mez's cannot overwrite bard ones. Beyond all of that, enchanters are stacked to deal with these scenarios. If mez's break they have rapid cast AOE stuns and such to safe themselves and re-establish order.

Just issues where people seem hell bent on doing something because they are that arrogant about it.

When you guys run into this, what do you do? I typically try and sort it out in the group and request the safer alternative or offer my suggestion(I make a point of not commanding people. Instead i'll phrase it like "Hey, is there any reason the Paladin can't lull the mobs so the cleric doesn't die and we're stuck without a rez?"). If the group is hell bent on doing things in a stupid fashion I usually just leave. "This is dumb guys. Good luck!" and I leave. Is this wrong?

Edit: Forgot to ask the main point for posting this! Lol.

TL;DR: WTB Group where everyone does there role and thats it.
Last edited by valkabo; 01-05-2012 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Forgot to ask the main question lol. :P
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Kobold

IMO I would rather have the bard doing cc. The enchanter can be monitoring a pet that is shelling out MONSTER dps, hasting the melee when he has a moment. Maybe throw a few slows in as well.

There is so many different ways of doing things, that's what makes this game not good, but great.

A good example: KC the other night. Bard was pulling massive amounts of mobs to zone taking care of cc, also doing a bit of fear kiting when he could. Enchanter had a nice pet and was also hasting melee, monks and rogues were doing insane dps, Necro was healing keeping everyone at full health. Non stop xp's.

OMFG They had no cleric, shammy or druid!!!!!

/shrug
Last edited by Mayhem2; 01-05-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

form your own groups with the setup you want.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Aviak

My mid-30s group last night was also complaining about an unruly bard.

Are they all divas?

Or is it just that artists operate on a different wavelength?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

This is a bit off topic... but how fast would any of you say you earn experience on average in a typical group in the level 20-40 range? How many yellows per hour?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

I love bard CC when on my chanter for reasons mentioned above: easier to focus on buffs and charmed pet.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Orc

Default Lol

I was hoping everyone would take the spirit of the example. The example is not accurate. As I am a bard, and I generally let the chanter CC unless they are lower level or there is a massive train. Then I charm and mez stuff and let it fall off slowly, so he can mez those too.

To be exact I meant a cleric who wanted to lull and pull mobs.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Aviak

if it hasn't yet been patched, bard CC is uber and it is entirely reasonable for them to demand the role. The enchanter can charm, nuke, stun, buff, debuff, backup CC... he's got a lot of tools still and the charm in particular is very effective, especially when someone else is doing CC.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Kobold

If the shoe fits... As long as the cleric doesn't kill anyone other than himself and doesn't horribly reduce the groups efficiency, let him/her have at it.
Do I particularly enjoy having the only rezer in the group pull if you crawl deep into a zone... no...

That said, there are a zillon different ways to play EQ.
Closed Thread