Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 09:29 PM
Banned

Nothing against gay people either cause I actually get along with them and respect them. Or handicap people.

But the words have their uses.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

Let's retire everquest and move on to Pantheon.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-23-2020, 09:42 PM
Banned

so my entire vocab, got it. How about..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2020, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

I’ve never heard someone I respect use the word “cuck.” Definitely never heard someone say it IRL either. Incels usually don’t broadcast who they are IRL.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing against gay people either cause I actually get along with them and respect them. Or handicap people.

But the words have their uses.
I'm a Literature major and very anti-censorship: if you try and say a particular word (or books that use that word), should be banned, I'll be first in line to fight you.

But at the same time, words like "cuck", or using "gay" as a generic "bad" ... they're just lazy. It's like using the adjective "cool": yes you can use it in a whole lot of sentences, but should you?

There's almost certainly some other more descriptive adjective you could use instead of "cool" ... but it would take one micron more mental energy to use one of those words.

It's the same deal with "cuck", "fag", or "retard": it's never like you need, and there's no other word you could use instead which A) would be more descriptive, and B) wouldn't make some of your fellow humans feel hated for who they are ...

... but it would take a tiny bit more mental energy.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

* need to

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But at the same time, words like "cuck", or using "gay" as a generic "bad" ... they're just lazy. It's like using the adjective "cool": yes you can use it in a whole lot of sentences, but should you?
This was a cool post.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuck is needed because it fills the gap between faggot and douche. And not quite the same as retard.
Hazek and other the Dork Men of Odus really are connoisseurs of immature and offensive slurs.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

the other, damn inability to edit RnF posts.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the other, damn inability to edit RnF posts.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread