Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-07-2022, 12:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Equestrielle the Corrupted - Aggro stuck

So i was playing in Lesser Faydark camping the Necromancer for the Tunare druid necklace questline. As i was there Equestrielle (the Corrupted version) snuck up behind me at the Shrine and murdered me. At first i saw no big issue these ambushes happen right? and just laughed it off as my bad as i was bound by the Dark elf camp in the same zone. I began memorizing spells and barely got my third spell memorized on my level 25 Druid (at the time) when low and behold Equestrielle shows up at the dark elf camp running full bore at me. After it proceeded to murder me once more (second death.) I managed to hit /quit in before the third death took place. Reloaded the game from desktop logged onto my gnome wizard and scoped out the area to ensure the mob had moved on. It seemed to have gone back to pathing now so i went and swapped back over to my druid. I got my corpses noting i had lost level 25 and was a bubble from level 25 now.. okay whatever had worse losses. Quickly memorized superior camo and made my way back to my bodies to clean them up casting it everytime i got done looting.. Then got jumped by a skeleton.. no big deal right? WHEN! low and behold Equestrielle came barreling out of the forest from nowhere YET AGAIN to murder me.. I managed to run a bit this time because i had sow until they dispelled me and now i am dead for the fourth time. I logged off for the night and i suspect that the mob has me somehow stuck on their aggro list I am gonna try logging back in tomorrow to see if the aggro is finally reset. This has never happened to me like this. Is there some way Equestrielle's aggro list got messed up? Should i just never go back to lesser feydark and abandon doing the quest? Please advise.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So i waited a couple hours re logged back on and managed to find my fourth body while invisible and ported out of the area. I'm just gonna wait until the next server reload or i level up enough to kill the Equestrielle before bother going back to Lesser feydark. You can delete this thread whenever. Still not sure Why it kept targeting me but i really don't need to go through L Fay anymore and i just abandoned doing the later parts of the quest for the time being.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Equestrielle is supposed to have a massive aggro radius in this era. Some describe it as being aggrod from across the zone (Not sure the real aggro radius). If you look at in era comments on Allakhazam for Equestrielle you'll see pages and pages of horror stories

Good idea to avoid hunting in Lfay until you are ready for some revenge
Old 06-12-2022, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

I can ... with PAIN in my memory confirm the HUGE ALMOST ZONEWIDE AGRO range that ... MONSTER has on the zone.

That thing can literally agro you from one corner of the zone when you are on the opposite one and go galloping towards you like a demon impregnated with tarantula babies about to spawn.

So I think you just got served a "classic" experience with a side dish of extra fries ... I feel for you.

Hopefully you will get your xp bubs back after some safer leveling, but again Equestrielle the Corrupted lives on in the memory of another hapless adventurer.
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 06-12-2022 at 10:03 PM..
Old 06-13-2022, 09:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Equestrielle agro range is not that big. I was camping bandit sister and she was walking around that camp. I moved my toon to wall as soon as I see her but she didn't agro on me when it was within DD casting range (Cleric)