Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-20-2022, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mage Epic Pet in Kael

So I've noticed Mage Epic proc doesn't land in Kael, ever. 0% hit rate.

So does this mean it's got the ranger Call of Fire effect, aka just being 'bonus aggro' ?

I had a mage epic back in like 2015, and now one of the new models. I've noticed a pretty big uptick in pet aggro, especially on raids. If pet dies it's.. a lot. However, this isn't reflected in the pets damage - focused water or air pet seem to do more damage, with less aggro.

This creates an unusual scenario where you have to micromanage your pet to make sure it doesn't die because you will too.

Why wasn't this behavior reflected when max hit was 81 and it procced much less? Back then, it WAS doing more damage, and aggro transfer was already in, but I don't remember pet death being such a big deal.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've noticed Mage Epic proc doesn't land in Kael, ever. 0% hit rate.

So does this mean it's got the ranger Call of Fire effect, aka just being 'bonus aggro' ?

I had a mage epic back in like 2015, and now one of the new models. I've noticed a pretty big uptick in pet aggro, especially on raids. If pet dies it's.. a lot. However, this isn't reflected in the pets damage - focused water or air pet seem to do more damage, with less aggro.

This creates an unusual scenario where you have to micromanage your pet to make sure it doesn't die because you will too.

Why wasn't this behavior reflected when max hit was 81 and it procced much less? Back then, it WAS doing more damage, and aggro transfer was already in, but I don't remember pet death being such a big deal.
What's a mage?
Old 07-20-2022, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

The proc is cold resist. You won't land cold spells on giants.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

More procs = more agro? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2022, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

What’s an epic
Old 07-20-2022, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't land on much of anything at 60. The problem seems to be the pet level (49) as much as anything. Likewise, the MR proc (stun) doesn't fare much better considering kael, skyshrine, anything over 55, and most of velious are immune to stun. Mage epic bypassed this, though. That's how it functioned on p99 at first. I believe it, like all stuns that landed on anything 55+, at least interrupted casting.

I believe the pet change was made based on logs. I'd be curious to see what they were fighting and if any procs were landing.
Last edited by eisley; 07-20-2022 at 05:30 PM..
Old 07-20-2022, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

POV when you see an epic mage at the raid:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2022, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't land on much of anything at 60. The problem seems to be the pet level (49) as much as anything. Likewise, the MR proc (stun) doesn't fare much better considering kael, skyshrine, anything over 55, and most of velious are immune to stun. Mage epic bypassed this, though. That's how it functioned on p99 at first. I believe it, like all stuns that landed on anything 55+, at least interrupted casting.

I believe the pet change was made based on logs. I'd be curious to see what they were fighting and if any procs were landing.
Aren't all giant types immune to stun? Perhaps this immunity is (erroneously?) blocking the whole spell?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-22-2022, 06:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote: