Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 07-03-2022, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

1.) Revamp of the entire spell/resist system such that PvP in EQ would play out similar to Guild Wars 1 (but with an open world), which is still the best PvP game in existence and already shares some similarities with EQ (can only use 8 spells at a time).

2.) 3-way team server with self-balancing mechanic to buff/debuff the teams based on their populations and the amount of zones they control (a team controlling a zone could be defined as whichever team has most frequently killed the "boss" NPC's in a zone over the past month).

3.) Structured PvP tournaments with a set number of players per team. Various rewards are possible for the winners and also the winning team's overall server team could gain some kind of small bonus for the week, which incentivizes each of the 3 server teams to care about PvP.

4.) Items in the game more balanced so as not to create such a big imbalance between those who happen to have tons of Raid gear and those who don't. Also more options for Best-In-Slot gear, so that people have more ability to choose how their character looks, rather than being forced to used a specific piece of gear.

5.) Standardized zoning times and disabling the plugging mechanic.

6.) Increased XP gain and also gaining XP from PvP (there are various ways to prevent this from being abused but I won't type it all out there). The game should be less about PvE, if that is a player's inclination.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

I support standardized loading times because being on the west coast sucks.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No level limit is part of the no GM enforced anti training. If training is allowed than every trainable dungeon needs to be FFA.
SZ had no level limit and it was the training server. A lack of level restriction doesn't change anything. If some level 10 idiot comes flying around the corner with a huge train on him, it makes no difference whatsoever whether or not you can attack him, because that train is on you faster than you could ever hope to react. That's the issue with training: there's practically nothing you can do about it. The live server without level restrictions for PvP died out because of systematic training. It wasn't done by low-level alts, it was done by mains.

All you get out of removing the level restriction is griefers who go around wiping out all the players in leveling zones for the lulz. And you know as well as I do that there are people in this community who would make it their mission to do that regularly. This community is way too damaged for a server to function where it's legal to grief others, because people will go out of their way to get other players to quit.

Training has been mostly kept at bay on P99 just by virtue of the risk of suspension, and there's no reason it couldn't be the same on a PvP server where grievances can be settled through actual PvP. It shouldn't take that many man-hours to police this, it's 2022 and anyone can record their gameplay and send in footage for review. I'm pretty sure that allowing training wouldn't make it any easier for the GMs who would instead have to deal with a community that is constantly on fire from players training each other all day (which literally happened on SZ), and plagued by the fact that running ShowEQ becomes extremely important for protection against trains.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support standardized loading times because being on the west coast sucks.
Try the west coast of the Aegean Sea!

Srsly tho, this is a novel idea, am interested.

Also red 2.0 needs to support forum meme images so lulz can put people in wells or put fedoras on the heads of outsiders.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 08-02-2022, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Greatdane you’re probably right.

More credence to the “why on earth did p99 team decide to go full custom on the rule set” versus just being rallos zek.

I guess if they’re looking at full custom still, a two teams but with rallos rules could be a cool way to make it a bit softer but still nerf twinks and make low level pvp fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you get out of removing the level restriction is griefers who go around wiping out all the players in leveling zones for the lulz. And you know as well as I do that there are people in this community who would make it their mission to do that regularly. This community is way too damaged for a server to function where it's legal to grief others, because people will go out of their way to get other players to quit.
This will 100% happen if they groundhog day this without asking for feedback first and would be one of the setups where i wouldnt even waste my time starting a character. At this point i should go get my fucking head examined just entertaining the idea that we might get another red.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am most concerned with a community that thrives long term. No problem if you want to camp someone so hard that they quit and throw their computer out the window. I want a server that’s fun to play.

I’d like:
200% base xp - to incentivize people to try it/come back/stick it out
Group xp bonus on top of base bonus
200% named spawn rate (More loot floating around to help keep casuals in the fight)
No item loot/no cash loot - pvp is about dominance
No petitions for disputes. Settle it in blood…
Training is a-okay guilds will find a way to stop it (a team of enchanters to stun/root/break invis, etc)
Full damage spells but fix resists, seems like spells land too often against a given resist
This, with a few adjustments. Make it so level 1's cannot go into SolB and train. Clerics casting DA and just non stop training is dumb. That is the only form of training that is dumb.

Make it teams. Good vs evil or just make two teams. The issue with Guilds is one guild always absorbs all the players and it becomes one huge guild vs a bunch of smaller guilds. Or limit guilds to 12 players.

Coin loot is fine. gives a little risk/reward and does not hit hard like item loot.

Fix resists. Fix resists and fix resists.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Add min (or even max) levels to dungeons to reduce oor interference (and twinking of low level pvp trolls).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 08-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Let’s keep talking about imaginary servers cause we aren’t crazy.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Default Time is greatest balancing factor

Having a server time cap per account or character would be interesting. Perhaps the greatest determining factor in a characters power level is time spent playing.

We could balance the game by only allowing a certain number of hours to be played per week. As the player base, for this historical game, continues to age, presumably an increasing majority of players have to come out of mothers basement and produce on some level outside of the virtual world.

Something like 20-30 hours per week could allow players to work, create complex works of art, etc. They could then still come play and not get trounced by the few independently wealthy players whom can still commit every waking hour to our "sport".

This would perhaps boost the player base because the need to grind to the point of diminishing quality of life would be diminished if not removed.

Any thoughts?