Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2022, 11:47 PM
Banned

Everyone is starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you asking him if he is me because you would never in a million years reply to any of the 100 million questions that I have asked you loramin?
I have this thing called a life, and I prefer not to spend half of it on these forums responding to your posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Seriously though, I do enjoy a good conversation, even one where you're 100% wrong about the right to control your own body ... but I just don't have the same kind of time/energy for the forums you do.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. As you may know I'm crazy. I made this thread and totally dig Jibartik's doomer, prepper, cult leader persona. Jibartik has some interesting knowledge and experience with religion and the occult. Time and time again Jibartik is way way ahead of me. Even when I get on one of my transhumanistic or luddite rants. Now, I'm not sure you take offense to Jibartik or me necessarily. I just sense this feeeeling. When I read your posts these days. You seem maybe to be like sheesh Jibartik is an AI algorithm obsessed with religious apocalypse videos. I would posit more that Jibartik is just fascinated by everything arcane and esoteric and is very widely read. I suspect Jibartik has like a liberal arts or literature degree or some such. Probably from a fancy University they can never repay. Anyway. I felt like you where maybe rolling your eyes sorta at this whole idea of an apocalypse or any of the good things that could come from an apocalypse. Like a new world. And a New Jerusalem. As is your prerogative. I don't believe Jibartik is trying to troll you or anything. And you're totally welcome to criticize Jibartiks taste in religious fan fiction. And in essence sort of the basic principle behind this thread. The goal is to envision and create New Jerusalem with G-d as our guide. I'm posting thought provoking imagery to help create and build the collective awareness and focus on the New Jerusalem. Jibartik is I believe asserting that we'll have an apocalypse and that is a necessary step on the path to global conscious enlightenment and a new world with a New Jerusalem.

I do not personally take offense at your apathy or criticism. I just hope one day you will see and understand there is more to Jibartik than doom. Here's the thing. There is great wisdom to finding beauty and being mindfully grounded during the final moments of humanities life. We are all literally going to die. Even if you join Satan and copy yourself into a robotic body. You will still die. Eventually. And even if your artificial form gains true self awareness it too will pass. We should enjoy and dream of what G-d will create for us for our faith. Who knows. You may meet your cybernetic clone and its descendants one day in heaven or in New Jerusalem. Enjoy the end, for it is just a beginning and know that everquest and Brad will always be with us.

Sincerely. And with great faith that all shall pass. New Jerusalem awaits the faithful.
~starkind
A) Paragraphs are your friend

B) The context of my post was actually nothing about this topic of apocalypses; it was about how Jib has a very right-wing take on various social issues (most recently abortion). I was commenting on how his childhood religious indoctrination helps to explain it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have this thing called a life, and I prefer not to spend half of it on these forums responding to your posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Seriously though, I do enjoy a good conversation, even one where you're 100% wrong about the right to control your own body ... but I just don't have the same kind of time/energy for the forums you do.)
my argument is not about the right to control your body, its that you use the correct truth and science when you say what controlling your body means.

tbh if you and America wants to make a law that says abortion is legal up to 9 months I dont care, as long as you admit the truth instead of trying to make me believe a religious ideology that life starts at some point and not when the unique ID for a person is created.

So if you did respond to me youd see that you dont have the correct understanding of what I'm saying.

Youve replied that its not like 15 times in one thread, so you do have the time. You just ignore my replies and respectful questions that I ask you.

Your argument is that the genetic code is not created at fertiliation, and mine is.

I just need you to tell me that reality is real.

Debating if someone has the right to destroy a unique person because they are the mother is the thing we should be debating.

But instead I have to debate about peoples "religious belief" about what life is, which is sick to me, especially because the people trying to push that idea are doing what they think is fighting against religi9ous beliefs.

Also do you really think that you have more of a life than me? That's not nice to say, are you sure you're liberal?
Old 05-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Banned

You're less alive the older you get.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

I may not be a religious man. But life today, compared to life for the last 40ish years that I was conscious for is a lot more like life after the rapture in those movies that I linked than it is like the way it was in the 90-2010s

The way people treat each other. Politics. It's all the same.

Those movies may not be predicting the future, but it was still writers and artists and poets, "taking the way we were then" and "guessing what we'd be like" just like the great sci fi predicters of the past.. And they seemed to have guess pretty damn close to right.

People may not be declining the way they are because of a man in the sky, but they may be still declining, and it probubly is for the same reasons rome, greece, the british, the middle east empries, the african empires, asian, and the rest all did too.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-10-2022 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-10-2022, 11:40 AM
Banned

I was being super sarcastic we should love and cherish all life regardless of age, origin, disability, ability, prettiness, phyla. Or whatever. Humans especially. And children the most. I read that as being faithful to G-d and G-d's creations not murdering. So that is idolatry and murder.

Commandments 1 and 6: Every human is created in the image of G‑d, so murder is an affront to the Creator.

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...mmandments.htm

You can always ease the pain of those touched by Satan. Even if that may possibly hasten their passing. So long as you do so with the intent of recovering them and giving them full life for so long as they can live in love and G-d.

Sadly. No matter what we do we will lose so many. However, what you do is still important. Even in the face of total defeat and annihilation. And agony. Cherish life. Treat it with dignity. Respect. Compassion. And honor your G-d through that life.

When you deliberately and maliciously harm a person, child, zygote, whatever in greed or selfishness or hate and anger, or simply out of fear of Satan you are not just harming a person. You harm G-d. Or at least hurt G-d.
Last edited by starkind; 05-10-2022 at 11:56 AM..
Old 05-10-2022, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I know I just cant get over this brain worm that when I drive around it literally looks like a 90s rapture movie outside and the radio sounds like the radio in the car while people are driving around in them too.

The way we're scrambling to pick up the pieces after covid, is exactly the way people in the movies are after the rapture.

If you replace rapture, with covid, and consider the rapture as a artistic metaphor for a disaster, from the political sci-fi twilight zone authors of the past, then it's easy to say that the book of revelations and the end times prophecy in the bible could simply be a hyper intelligent man describing a series of natural or man made disasters that lead to collapse. Like, a "watch out for these 7 signs, if you see 6 of them it's probably already too late"

Perhaps this is just the cyclical human behavior. If man is nature then like nature perhaps we have seasons, cycles we go through. The rise and fall of empires seems to imply this.

The only constant is the technology we leave behind. As we change, that is what keeps us locked in at some sort of "divine" position above the rest of the life on earth. Forever marching towards some singular technological goal uniting us all into one gigantic system, like the roots in a forest (more simple natural similarities and cyclical behaviors, no divinity required)

I find all this stuff very strange.

It makes me think that we're no more different than the chaotic ocean life first evolved in, that one day the robots of the future will evolve out of: the chaos that is humanity (or even just life).

And if that's the case, the ideas in revelation are inevitable. Just like judgment day.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-10-2022 at 12:22 PM..
Old 05-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Banned

Everything in nature breathes. And has a heartbeat.

Even so called dead planets and rocks. It's almost as if we are part of a cosmic energy flow and are just little lucky organic reflections of that wave form. Did you see the video about many worlds?

What if that's G-d.

What if G-d loves us and is energizing our universe with G-d's creation.

Quote:
Eru first created a group of angelic beings, called in Elvish the Ainur, and these were co-actors in the creation of the universe through a holy music and chanting called the "Music of the Ainur", or Ainulindalė in Elvish.[T 6]
I feel like Tolkien sorta understand this. More people did back then before the rapture.

Harming others. Harming G-d's Creation. Even the mountains and viruses is bad guys. Harming yourself is especially bad. Harming others just for control and power and youtu.be likes blowjobs and Epstein Island vacations is also horrifically bad. Harming people because you're mad at Putin or afraid of him or love Putin more than G-d is bad.

Read that Chabad.org 10 commandments article. Learn and grow with it. And apply it to everything.

With love and Jesus Christ in heart,
~starkind