Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a missed conception.

Like, yes, all information is biased.

The fact that it has to either be biased to align with the republican parties mission, or the democrat parties, is what people say when they say that news source is biased.

Having someone who hates murder report on crime does not invalidate the article because the author was biased against crime for gods sake.

It's possible to write an unbiased article. You just have to keep your "politics" out of it, it's not impossible.

I would argue that it is more impossible to not INFER bias when you READ an article, because no matter what anyone who is left reading this post is going to say that Im some tucker putin simp for saying anything at all.

Aah now I see after the edit. No I can agree with you. That’s called confirmation bias- it’s huge these days and always has been. People have been this way since the beginning of recorded history. If you research about the people’s reaction to the Black Plague in the 1300’s, and compare it to how people reacted in the coronavirus pandemic, it’s actually pretty funny. Conspiracy theories galore too.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can follow what you’re saying. Maybe you’re right but idk.
yeah who knows none of us, I sure done, I came up with this idea like 2 days ago, but I do think that our american exceptialism is a pretty big elephant in the room.

Quote:
These problems are too complicated for me as an individual to even pretend I have the answers
Yeah, I mean its easy to say that in my nieghborhood we dont have mass shootings because nobody here has any guns really, but then again everyone here is rich and happy, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. (also that Vegas shooter was rich, so its not just social status that causes these problems, he was however American... and opinionated.... I will say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Quote:
All I have is my opinion and it’s this: mass shootings keep happening. Nobody is doing anything at all to prevent them. Not even a little bit.
This much I would argue we do do... we do a litle bit, and that's the problem IMO, we're doing a bunch of "little things" to solve the problem, and the reality is that is just creating barriers of freedom to own firearms for those that are vocal and doesnt stop any future mass shooters)

Like take vegas for example, one guy out of how many mass shootings, 200? uses a bump stock, what do we do? Make bumpstocks illegal.

one 18 year old kid guys guns goes and does a mass shooting, what do we do? make it so you have to be 21...

next kid gets his guns from his dad... what do we do? Punish the parents.

Next kid shoots his grandma first... what do we do? Dont punish her because we feel bad...

We create all these little laws like plugging holes in a leaking dam like with our fingers.

I think the gun argument is so invalid at this point, if we didnt pass anything major yet, we wont pass anything major soon.

And not to mention we're about to lsoe Roe Wade how do we think we're going to limit gun ownership?

What we need is to be realistic, and solve our REAL problems, instead of barking at each other about the dream solutions to every problem.

This issue has been an issue for as long as your parents have been adults. We're not going to take guns away, unless we create a new goverment.

But we can care for people in our comminities, and if we spent (holy shit this random search said during a midterm ELECTION gun politics spends was 40 million dollars on marketing and messaging and loobbying)

Imagine if we spent 40 million a year on care for children in areas where they struggle.

Quote:
That’s called confirmation bias- it’s huge these days and always has been. People have been this way since the beginning of recorded history. If you research about the people’s reaction to the Black Plague in the 1300’s, and compare it to how people reacted in the coronavirus pandemic, it’s actually pretty funny. Conspiracy theories galore too
yeah all the hyperbole that's why I love end times. Its always been an interest in me the way we build narratives.

I do think there is a chance that over the next 20 years America could devolve into a fricken really sad an violent place that resembles revelations though. (or back to the future 2) and that's just based the way our economy is looking and how the law says pyramid schemes work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-26-2022 at 04:52 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The constitution doesn't give you a right to own a gun: it gives you the right to be part of a well-organized and regulated militia. The Supreme Court made the individual right to own a gun up.
lol, jackass

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah who knows none of us, I sure done, I came up with this idea like 2 days ago, but I do think that our american exceptialism is a pretty big elephant in the room.

Yeah, I mean its easy to say that in my nieghborhood we dont have mass shootings because nobody here has any guns really, but then again everyone here is rich and happy, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. (also that Vegas shooter was rich, so its not just social status that causes these problems, he was however American... and opinionated.... I will say hehe)

This much I would argue we DO do... we do a litle bit, and that's the problem, we're doing a bunch of "little things" to solve the problem, and the reality is that is just creating barriers of freedom to own firearms for those that are vocal and doesnt stop any future mass shooters)

Like take vegas for example, one guy out of how many mass shootings, 200? uses a bump stock, what do we do? Make bumpstocks illegal.

one 18 year old kid guys guns goes and does a mass shooting, what do we do? make it so you have to be 21...

next kid gets his guns from his dad... what do we do? Punish the parents.

Next kid shoots his grandma first... what do we do? Dont punish her because we feel bad...

We create all these little laws like plugging holes in a leaking dam like with our fingers.

I think the gun argument is so invalid at this point, if you didnt pass anything major yet, you wont pass anything major soon.

And not to mention you're about to lsoe Roe Wade how do you think you're going to limit gun ownership?

What we need is to be realistic, and solve our REAL problems, instead of barking at each other about the dream solutions to every problem.

This issue has been an issue for as long as your parents have been adults. We're not going to take guns away, unless we create a new goverment.

But we can care for people in our comminities, and if we spent (holy shit this random search said during a midterm ELECTION gun politics spends was 40 million dollars on marketing and messaging and loobbying)

Imagine if we spent 40 million a year on care for children in areas where they struggle.
All I'm getting from Jib's schizo rant today is that Republican incompetence is a self-fulfilling prophecy and so children must continue to be sacrificed to appease their retarded voters.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, jackass

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Law-abiding?
Old 05-26-2022, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I'm getting from Jib's schizo rant today is that Republican incompetence is a self-fulfilling prophecy and so children must continue to be sacrificed to appease their retarded voters.
This quoted American exceptionalism is why someone goes out and kills a bunch of Americans that they think are evil.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-26-2022 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do think there is a chance that over the next 20 years America could devolve into a fricken really sad an violent place that resembles revelations though. (or back to the future 2) and that's just based the way our economy is looking and how the law says pyramid schemes work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure as fuck hope not. I don’t wanna have to kill anyone. I will say both sides seem to be fantasizing about another civil war which is disturbing.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Law-abiding?
Did you miss the sign? check your autism at the door!
Old 05-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I sure as fuck hope not. I don’t wanna have to kill anyone. I will say both sides seem to be fantasizing about another civil war which is disturbing.
The way I see it is how I saw past relationships.

Things have been said that are unfixable IMO.

But, I never cease to be amazed at societies resilience and ability to completely forget that they said they were out for blood yesterday.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The way I see it is how I saw past relationships.

Things have been said that are unfixable IMO.
You say their messianic figure lost one little election and they tell you that it's time for Civil War 2.