Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-27-2022, 09:43 PM
Large Bat

Post Help!! characters super glitched!!! See photo

This hasn’t gone away. It is for every single thing npcs monster all characters.. please help in detail. It’s making it impossible to play or fight anything! I just did the new patch_s3d_textured and restarted …nothing…So not sure what else.. it does the same thing on wineq2.0 mode
I’ve messed with all the resolutions nothing there changes it and does it in half and full screen mode..
My cpu was built in 2009 by my brother originally to run WoW and ran great back then so I don’t know wtf I’m doing but somehow I was able to download this game after many hours of watching YouTube and figuring it out lol yes it’s old no I don’t have money to upgrade rn.

I updated drivers/this is what I have I guess
AMD athlon(my) 64 x2 dual core processor 5600+

Please let me know what else I can do or what other info is needed
Thanks all!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CEEBF150-DA37-4848-8888-CC092EF7A7FB.jpg (21.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-27-2022, 11:11 PM
Kobold

You may want to try running dgvoodoo 2 if you don’t already. Might help resolve some of these issues.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:35 AM
Large Bat

I followed a few videos from YouTube for this but don’t see an exact how to or where to put files etc for EQ .. can u give me a step by step for eq99 please.. sorry I suck at this thanks
Old 07-28-2022, 06:10 AM
Orc

woah that looks crazy, out of curiosity can you show what a zone with more npc's looks like?
Old 07-28-2022, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

dark elf bard? might just be super fast
Old 07-30-2022, 07:58 PM
Large Bat

Extra photos plus a message I dunno what to do this is how I am playing the game lol
Old 07-30-2022, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Im not sure if theres a driver/wrapper fix for this but people have found a couple workarounds for this.

If you have multiple video options (integrated graphics?) You can try switching to that

If not, the issue is related to the RenderEffects folder. If available you can copy the RenderEffects folder from an unpatched install.

If not available you can try reinstalling and when applying the patch do not include the RenderEffects folder
Old 07-30-2022, 09:10 PM
Large Bat

Ok umm 🤔 I have no idea how to do any of that lol can u explain in detail I am not a computer expert :P I just know I wanna play the game and it’s annoying lol I can’t even figure out how to uninstall the game let alone check my graphics or anything u just said
Thank so much for any help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2022, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnyte18 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok umm 🤔 I have no idea how to do any of that lol can u explain in detail I am not a computer expert :P I just know I wanna play the game and it’s annoying lol I can’t even figure out how to uninstall the game let alone check my graphics or anything u just said
Thank so much for any help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a video I put together for recommended steps to fix these sorts of issues. Give these a try and see if they help? I go over them step-by-step
Old 07-30-2022, 09:25 PM
Large Bat

Ok cool! Did u attach the video? Sorry I dont see it . Thanks