Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question - why did the put in the work to have that menu at all if it was never intended to be used?
Having permission to cheat doesn't make it not cheating. Infinite health and ammo cheat codes are cheating but they were built in by the game developers for people to use if they want to.

HAVING PERMISSION TO CHEAT DOES NOT MAKE IT NOT CHEATING.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

/shrug agree to disagree
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean by "rules they agreed to play by?" I have a feeling that you're avoiding answering a very basic question because you don't want to follow it to it's logical conclusion. Let's say it's a PS4 shooter with a cheat code built in where if you put your name is as BULLETSTORM you have infinite ammo. Is that person playing the game legit or are they, by using a cheat code in order to activate an advantage that is not part of the base game, cheating?
I'm not avoiding answering, you're simply not providing enough information for the question to be answered. For me to answer if something is cheating, I have to know if it's against the rules. It's implicit to the meaning of cheating itself. In GINA's case, when it's been explicitly determined by the rule makers to not be against the rules, I can't even accept a "spirit of the rule" like several others are trying to incorrectly use as an argument. It's simply not cheating and it's absurd to even think that.

Your completely unrelated examples of things like unlimited lives/ammo, whatever, simply do not apply to the situation with GINA and P99. I can't begin to guess where you personally believe where "legit" begins and ends without any context to what is and isn't against the rules because that is basically the linchpin of determining if something is cheating or not.

If you seriously believe that you can be cheating using something that has been expressly permitted in the ruleset, you and I are never going to understand each other. I cannot see how anyone can believe that on the face of it, it just sounds completely absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAVING PERMISSION TO CHEAT DOES NOT MAKE IT NOT CHEATING.
It absolutely, 101% does. Using SEQ/MQ on a server that allows SEQ/MQ isn't cheating. Using GINA on a server that allows GINA isn't cheating.
Last edited by Daud; 10-18-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why should grossly unclassic workaround programs that restore functionality that was intentionally removed from the client be allowed on Green?

Because the devs said so and that's all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly is GINA part of the classic experience?

It isn't

Quote:
Is Daud even capable of playing EverQuest without this pathetic crutch?
Absolutely, it really doesn't offer me much since I mostly play a rogue that doesn't have buffs or messes or anything. I use it almost entirely as a room timer or trader alert, but, I got along just fine using my phone for that before I used GINA. I wouldn't really miss it for a second. As I said before, I might even be interested in a non invasive way to get rid of it.

I was just pointing out how stupid your argument is.
Last edited by Daud; 10-18-2019 at 06:43 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Aviak

Sooo..... Any good guides for GINA? lol

I haven't logged in for a long time but I recall having a hard time setting up distinct timers for mobs that had the same name - It was easy to make a new timer appear with the same name, but I was trying to distinguish them in the title of the timer display like:

A fire beetle 1 = 1:00
A fire beetle 2 = 1:00 etc

Anyone know if thats possible?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:00 PM
Banned

GINA makes soloing as an ENC much, much easier than it should be
Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine something not breaking any rules but still being wrong to do
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Does it matter one way or another, on a blue server? Use it if you want, or don't use it. Other players using it when you're not doesn't affect your gameplay at all if you're not playing on a pvp server.

So who cares? :O
Old 10-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Banned

Does it matter one way or another, on a blue server? Use Macroquest if you want, or don't use it. Other players using it when you're not doesn't affect your gameplay at all if you're not playing on a pvp server.

So who cares? :O
Old 10-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

:O
Closed Thread