Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTFY
"Fair trade, F*** you"
Old 02-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

It seems the price of the lance has for the time settled into a spot of 40-50k. I think it'll eventually stabilize to around 40k. It's not a completely useless weapon. But the fact that it has a level requirement and piercing caps are low makes it a seemingly non-optimal choice. Especially for folks who can grab any Nodrop/notrade for some dkp off various raid bosses.

This lance like many other items are more often than not being sold / bought for vendor purposes. Meaning the item has more value to people looking to flip it or make a profit than it does to people who will actually use it. This goes for a lot of items in the Eastern Commonlands market. Arguing that "this or that weapon is better", or bringing up potentially valid points like the ideas I mentioned in my first paragraph mean very little compare to it's resale value.

The price points established on many items in EC are not necessarily established on the pretense of the items practicality, but on how much it's worth in the market. You can equate this idea to some real life hypothetical examples: For instance, lets say a widely known online shopping warehouse were to be composed of a majority of buyers/sellers who we're only looking to make money off of resales. Their prices would solely be based off of what other re-sellers would buy the item for, and so on and so forth. If someone was selling a popular book, it would more than likely be sold to someone looking to buy that book at a cheap price and sell it for a profit, not to someone who actually wants to read the book.
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 02-12-2019 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunnel rats have lowered their /auction price to 40-50k . I want people to think it'll eventually stabilize to around 40k so I can rip them off by trying to trick them into paying 30k now.
Saved you a whole bunch of words. The rest of your post is arguing that the item should have more value because all the tunnel rats are going to be buying from each other as investments, which is some extra dumb logic.

The fact is, there is no evidence that anyone has even paid as much as 25k for one of these. Sorry you got stuck stockpiling a bunch of lances.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I love the intense effort people in this thread have put into trying to make people think these are going for 20k+ so they can offload all the ones they bought up to resell for a profit, when they are in fact are not selling for that much. :P

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Can join AM and get one for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Boutik is trading Lance's for Fungi's so you know the price is about to really hit the shit gutter in the coming weeks. If the item had no level requirement it would be pretty good, since it does...IDK. I like the item because I love playing my Shadow Knight (I have all ToV gear though, not a peasant like most of you) but the truth is there just are not a ton of high level Pallys and SKs on the server because they are not raid classes.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

weapon sucks move thread to resolved
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boutik is trading Lance's for Fungi's so you know the price is about to really hit the shit gutter in the coming weeks. If the item had no level requirement it would be pretty good, since it does...IDK. I like the item because I love playing my Shadow Knight (I have all ToV gear though, not a peasant like most of you) but the truth is there just are not a ton of high level Pallys and SKs on the server because they are not raid classes.
Hey now, more than once I've seen people ask WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PALLY?! So we do need, like, 3 paladins total.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saved you a whole bunch of words. The rest of your post is arguing that the item should have more value because all the tunnel rats are going to be buying from each other as investments, which is some extra dumb logic.

The fact is, there is no evidence that anyone has even paid as much as 25k for one of these. Sorry you got stuck stockpiling a bunch of lances.
I dont have any lances. Nor do I want one. I think you misunderstood me. Im not in favor of anything here, nor am i siding with "tunnel rats", or anyone for that matter. The very fact that half of the posts in this thread are blaming boutik or whoever, or the very subject of this thread is targeting those very same "tunnel rats", or even the idea that YOU yourself have some seemingly personal conflict over the subject (based on how I am perceiving your tone in your comments) suggests that the "tunnel rats" have a lot more stake in this than you are convincing yourself otherwise. Not just in concrete values, but in general sentiment.

And no I don't have "evidence" of what these lances are being sold for, because i'd imagine that would involve recording ones trades through some software such as OBS studio or the like. But I spend extended periods of time in EC, and i'm reporting the values that I see. IF you want to refute that, go ahead.
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 02-13-2019 at 12:31 AM..
Old 02-13-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Amongst the 55+ knight population (not big) ...

-every knight with a NToV weapon doesn’t want one (to include alts from the big guilds who can snag one such weapon for dirt cheap dkp.
-every knight with epic probably doesn’t want one either
-every tunare paladin with velious mini epic probably doesn’t want one either

So that leaves you with the 55+ main (or alt) knights not in a big guild who probably either doesn’t HAVE the money or isn’t willing to spend big money on Lance.

The potential market for this lance is very tiny. I suspect there are twice as many lances on the market as there are knights willing to actually use it (much less spend big money on it).

Tunnel rats can ask whatever the want; nobody’s going to buy them.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread