Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is definitely NOT a rants and flames post guys. This is ultra super serious.
This is not a rants and flames thread. Unless certain members of the p99 forums decide to break the forum rules and rant or flame outside of the rants and flames sub forum.

I suggest if you wish to RnF take it to the appropriate section.

I am likely The pot calling the kettle black on this but it doesn't make it any less true.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Flame lick you. I'll do what I want.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Galahad is probably rolling over in his grave thanks to this.

You should be ashamed.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff and may contain inaccuracies between the emulator server, forums, live EverQuest, and reality.

This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute (this means YOU!) If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff and may contain inaccuracies between the emulator server, forums, live EverQuest, and reality.

This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute (this means YOU!) If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.
This is true but does not address the point of this thread. Please read the original post carefully. This is not an issue of people contributing, I encourage people to contribute. This is an issue of false information and defacing the wiki's accuracy. Also the wiki has it's own admins and moderators.

Wiki admins have stated in the past that wiki users are not allowed to change non-copyrighted texts or images that already exists and have been established as accurate.
example: Server first images or texts.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true but does not address the point of this thread. Please read the original post carefully. This is not an issue of people contributing, I encourage people to contribute. This is an issue of false information and defacing the wiki's accuracy. Also the wiki has it's own admins and moderators.

Wiki admins have stated in the past that wiki users are not allowed to change non-copyrighted texts or images that already exists and have been established as accurate.
example: Server first images or texts.
Fix it, or stop caring about it. The server first shit is self policing anyway, and it always reverts back to a semi accurate state after the trolls get bored.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

What exactly are these people having edit wars over?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly are these people having edit wars over?
The most common problem is uploading an image of their character + guild tag with an item. To replace an existing image of someone else with said item. Changing the text to claim they were the first <guild name> person to get that item. Replacing the server first text.

There are also some other incidences where they'd change server first text to their guild name first. I believe in an attempt to dance around the rules but blatantly breaking the rules of the wiki.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Can you name some examples of images changed?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most common problem is uploading an image of their character + guild tag with an item. To replace an existing image of someone else with said item. Changing the text to claim they were the first <guild name> person to get that item. Replacing the server first text.

There are also some other incidences where they'd change server first text to their guild name first. I believe in an attempt to dance around the rules but blatantly breaking the rules of the wiki.
just stop tracking server firsts, which is pointless and has nothing to do with classic anyway