Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Checked my cleric on live because I remember having more than just imbue emerald on her (in fact, could not remember any deity restrictions), and she has imbue plains pebble in her spellbook. I did not have any plains pebbles to test the spell on, but I do remember using it.

Attachment 7231

(This particular character has a birthdate of June 2001 or something like that.)
Think this pretty much confirms it
Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I also found Imbue Diamond in my spellbook the other day (I was disorganized as a teenager). On top of that, my bank held an Imbued Plains Pebble, so I was definitely using it.

Only reason I would've had any of the non-Tunare imbue spells was because someone asked me to imbue something for them for cultural.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

More research:

http://www.thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3934.html

Posted at 07-02-2001, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Karana - Plains Pebbles

The spell, Imbue Plains Pebble can be purchased at the Druid Ring in North Karana (Tak Whistler) and can only be cast by Karana worshiping priest classes (cleric, druid only). It is a 29th level Abjuration spell and costs 200 mana to cast.
I'm trying to find posts from before this date that describe the spell's function. At some point, the spells were not deity-specific to scribe. I will test the spells myself on live, provided I can get a plains pebble, to see if it can be cast by a non-Karana cleric.

Retired from p99
Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just found this amazing gem of a page from Jan 15, 2001

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote:
GENERAL NOTES ON IMBUED ARMOR:

These are for race specific smithing recipes. The needed spells are available in the shaman or cleric guilds of the home cities of each race. Each race has a limited number of deities worshipped, and the spells for these deities alone are sold. The gem used with the spell and for the armor is specific for a deity, and will define who can wear the armor. It is not clear if gems other than the deities of the home city can be used. There is no discussion of this on any boards, and all imbued recipe lists include only the deities of the home city of the smith. Agnostics cannot wear imbued armor. All this is easy to forget.
No comment on deity restrictions for casting the spell.

Quote:
Using Imbue spells: The jewel is picked up with the cursor, and then the spell is clicked on with the cursor.
^ usage notes - currently on p99 you do not need to pick up the gem before casting

Quote:
Imbued ivory: vendor sells for 9pp when they have been sold it, otherwise cost is time camping ivory and payment of shaman. The spell is not expensive, available in shaman guild in Halas. You take plain ivory, hold one on cursor, and click on spell. It is transformed to imbued ivory.

Imbued jade: from gem dealers, closest one to Halas is the Gembox at Iron Forge Estates, North Qeynos, 4 pp, get shaman to imbue it for you.
^ No mention of what a shaman has to worship.

Side note: Northman imbued armor comes with a jade variety for Rallos Zek...???!! I didn't know that!

I also attempted to imbue a diamond on my cleric and succeeded. The deity restrictions are only on the scrolls on live. I just can't find the time this was fixed. My cleric was made August 24, 2001, 19:15:20 (and knowing how slow I level, it would have taken me a long time to reach 29 as well as acquire these three spells), so there were no deity restrictions during most of Velious, despite what that post from July 2001 I dug up said.

imbueddiamond.jpg

(Yes, diamonds are so plentiful on live that people just sell them to vendors. Regular plains pebbles, on the other hand, I was unable to get.)

(PS: Don't ask me about the muffins. It's just something I do on EQ, okay.)
(PPS: Confession: I love the 'make all' option on the tradeskill containers, even though they're not classic. Muffins for days...mmm...or hot cross buns...well, anyway.)

Retired from p99
Old 07-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I did finally find a comment referencing the fact that imbue spells were not deity restricted at one point in time.

imbued.jpg

Source: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4716

The response to this comment is from 2003, asserting that the imbue spells ARE deity restricted, though the date of this change is still unclear.

Retired from p99
Old 09-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Default bump

Just wanted to bump this thread, I was reading lots of comments online (allahkhazam, eqclerics, a couple others... all are already linked by the OP) indicating that the deity restriction wasn't enforced on live during the timeline that pertains to p99.

Wish this could get (un?) fixed and made classic. Have p99 staff ever commented? I didn't see any acknowledgement of this issue.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ No mention of what a shaman has to worship.
This is likely because Barbarian Shaman have no choice of who they worship: they only have one possible deity, and that's the Tribunal.

Later on on the Sullon Zek server (only) they added Mithaniel Marr so that Barbarians could play for both the good and neutral teams, but that's not really relevant for classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

bump