Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default Shaman Epic - Black Dire Step

Hello to anyone who has completed this on P99 - I'd like to ask your opinion on options for winning this fight. My current understanding is that you need at least a 50+ tank and a Cleric, because he is almost totally magic resistant.

I am wondering if maybe just a Shaman Healing a well geared 60ish tank would do it. The logistics of trying to get mutliple people into place for a 4 hr contested spawn in a rather out of the way place makes me ask this question. It's doable, but I really don't like to trouble people, especially if it means waiting a long time, or othewise holding their schedules open for a spawn time some number of hours in advance.

I have even wondered if a 57 Shaman with the best shaman pet might possibly solo it by chain casting pets. This should risky and problematic at best, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Any input?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

There have been a lot of posts about this, but all in all soloing it as a non-60 shaman would be impossible, and as a 60 with malo and torpor, near impossible. He doubles for 250 and even after getting Malo off root wont stick all the time or last long, and slowing him took 4 casts total after Malo.

Its definitely doable with a tank/shaman combo, although I'd like to say they should both be 60 for Malo and Torpor. Might take a bit of time to whittle him down but torpor with a spot sup heal can easily outheal his damage, and you can probably get a slow off at some point. Once he is slowed hes just like any other slowed mob--really easy.

My recommendation as always is just find 2 friends when advisor is up, or if you know when he pops get them together before he pops and just do it right quick. Hes not hard when you have friends, and you might as well save yourself the trouble.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

I know this thread is old but I soloed Black Dire on my Bard. Just wanted everyone to know that.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Aviak

It should be fairly easy for a bard to kill and non summoning mob...
Old 03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Orc

OMG! Giegue, you helped me kill him with my Shaman. Some info on Black Dire:

He's a bastard.
Resists a lot of spells.

He's pretty tough! You can spawn him by killing the Advisor. You don't need to talk to him or anything, just loot his pelt. I recommend a melee with heals, or a kick ass bard named Giegue! He's a mega undercon for level 50 imo.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

He is level 45.