Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you didn't read the evidence links in post #1 or post #5 about what was actually going on. They still don't restrict casting due to deity restrictions to this day in EQ you know.
Everything refers to scribing of the spell not the casting of the spell.

Vega brings up a good point of we don't know if it worked in the fashion of you could scribe but not cast, to a change of can't scribe but cast. Resulting in a odd subset of people that ended up multicasting.

Every single post is from 2002 and forward, that is PoP era. Velious is 2000.

This isn't sufficient evidence that the way we have it currently isn't working as intended, of correct deity to cast correct spell.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

There's reference to casting in post #5 and other links, and there's also proof that Vega's theory is incorrect.

/shrug, it's there, not sure why you can't parse what people are saying and instead we're getting these posts.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=wycca;1634774]

"Characters can no longer scribe a scroll that they can't cast due to deity
restrictions (imbue gem spells were bugged for a while so anyone of the proper
level/class could scribe them, now you should be able to only scribe the spell for your deity
)"

Your first post, it indicates we would be in the era that we could scribe anything but not cast all of it. The purpose was to align deity of the caster to the gem they would imbue.

A patch would come along that made it so you could not scribe spells of a deity that you were not. The patch likely made it so they likely removed the deity on cast, to a check on deity on scribe.

Multicasters were a fluke created by this patch that we will never get. I have yet to see any evidence 2000 era of multicasting.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Half feels like I'm being trolled at this point since it's already been posted, but here you go, including highlights and so such so they can't be missed (hint you're looking for keywords of "still" and "continue" which indicate a continuation of an existing mechanic, ie, casting and imbueing another deity's gem. You will never see anywhere an - "OMG! I could scribe it but couldn't cast it before, but now that the deity restrictions went in I can cast it omg!" - why? because that was never a thing)-

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...tulings-spawns

Post #11 - "Clerics could scribe and imbue all Cleric imbue spells. As long as it was a Cleric imbue spell, deity did not matter. A recent past patch fixed this. Now you can only scribe your own deity specific imbue spell. But Clerics that had already scribed other deities imbue spells could in fact still use them."

http://www.eqcleric.com/archive/index.php/t-6085.html

2nd post by Miletoux - "Very early on, you could scribe the spells for all deities, but they changed that so you can only scribe the ones for your own deity. However, if the spell was already scribed you could still use it."

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=107&t=49568

Yinlabb - "I know originally the priests could scribe and mem all the gem imbue spells that their classes could have as a deity.I made a mistake with my wizzy and she is Quellious and can still imbue the Fire Opals which are Sol Ro."

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9626

Post #7 - "You can no longer scribe an Imbue: gem spell, if the gem does not match your own deity.

You can still cast those that you have written already, though."

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-320.html

Aldane - "There's a problem with that, Absor. Back when I was bringing up my druid, I was able to scribe both Imbue Plains Pebble and Imbue Emerald. Then, a patch made it so that the spells were unscribable unless you worshipped the proper diety. In that long ago patch message it mentioned that those that had scribed the imbues could continue to use them, but that new scribings would be diety restricted. So, with that said, I -- and many other older druids -- have been able to "normally cast" both imbues for quite a long time.

Since I have always been able to cast both imbues, will I be able to cast both mass imbues, or am I going to only be able to cast one of the mass imbues (which would suck, if I may be so blunt)?"

Also, the entire mass imbue saga was an exact repeat of the regular imbue situation. I could dig up more posts about mass imbues, but basically, if you could scribe the spell, you could cast it. You still can. There's never been a deity based cast restriction, only a scribe restriction.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-320.html

Teaamilie - "Note: After one year of regretting not getting imbue pp (I am tunare druid) I have successfully scribed AND imbued a plains pebble. New mass spells aren't restricted."

Scribe restriction was added, mem/cast restriction was never a thing. Scribe restriction was added post-P99 timeline in Luclin...ergo P99 should not have deity restricted scribing on it.

PS - Patch messages were often unclear, and there is alot of classic rumor, gossip, and poor understanding of the game clouding up a bunch of posts. Sift through it because there's often evidence that rumor, gossip, and poor understanding is just that. This is just such a case.
Last edited by wycca; 02-19-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 05-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Bump. So much classic that I keep remembering reading but not getting those fateful words posted...

WTB "Fixed Pending Update"
Old 05-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Banned

well... we ARE officially end of Kunark...
Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Orc

Ok, so this is still broken. You should be able to scribe AND cast any imbue spell as long as your the correct class. It was only after the 2002 patch that prevented any new scribes of spells that were not your deity. I know this for a fact as I had a Mithanial Marr cleric that had Imbue Diamond, Star rose quarts and Sapphire in his spell book AND could cast them even after the patch that prevent any new spells added.

I always regretted not doing the running around and buying /scribing the other deity spells before they made the change.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

too bad, it won't fix the issue that some god needs blue diamond, black sapphire and such... I'll never make or wear my Bertoxxulous items...
Old 03-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Checked my cleric on live because I remember having more than just imbue emerald on her (in fact, could not remember any deity restrictions), and she has imbue plains pebble in her spellbook. I did not have any plains pebbles to test the spell on, but I do remember using it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 1.37.48 PM.jpg

(This particular character has a birthdate of June 2001 or something like that.)

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Wow so classic. Wish I had known to do that on my Druid on live back then!