Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Cleric guide?

Long time EQ player here, it's been a few years but I'm trying it again. I want to try out a cleric because I've never done it before. I was thinking about being a halfling. Is this a good choice? What is some good newbie gear that I can easily get? And finally, what's the easiest way from Misty Thicket to Qeynos?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Halflings get an xp bonus, so it's a great choice! Dwarf might not be bad either, as they have a higher str value so you can carry more...something that is important for people just starting as you'll want to carry every item you can to sell in order to save up for lowbie gear.

At first you can make patchwork leather armor from animal pelts, and fill in other slots with small bronze as you can find/afford it. If you start in rivervale you can zone into kithicor and /shout to see if any high level is around that will kill the undead that drop a nice nodrop mace.

Why do you want to go to qeynos? If you're in rivervale i'd highly recommend getting a couple levels in your newb area, and then running to EC. You might get a couple of handouts in the form of equipment/buffs to help you level, and there are usually low level orc groups around to join.

check out this page:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Cleric
Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Halflings are alpha race
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Thanks Extunarian. I followed the guide there for spending stat points. Do you happen to know what that nodrop mace you mentioned is called?

I have always wanted to play a halfling, and I'm a member of a new group of people playing, and they're all centered around Qeynos right now. I also know that part of the world well from the live servers. But MT is a great starting zone, I think I may hang there for a while.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

If anyone has any other suggestions for good gear for a cleric to get at low levels, please do tell.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Ruined Battleworn Morning Star

Tainted Battleworn Morning Star

The weapon is visible on the mob, and a high level could probably single pull it and kill it for you.
Last edited by Raavak; 02-03-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Actually, I farm the Ruined Battleworn Morningstar for new priests on a regular basis. Usually I just send out random /tells to nearby priest classes to see if they are interested in hanging out in Kithicor while I farm them one. If you would like one, please PM me here, or shoot me a /tell in game so I can arrange a time for us both to be on so we can farm you one.

Note: They only drop at night, from 8pm - 6am, but if you kill the mob fast enough you can get a total of 5 spawns per night cycle. The mob spawns all by himself, so there is no need to single pull. He is a rough solo for L39-43 Cleric, but a very easy solo from L44 on.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Glad to see you went halfling.

The xp bonus is nice, but hide and sneak cannot be undervalued.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

I'll be on my lowbie dorf cleric this afternoon, name is Thurin if anyone has one that is rotting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Banned

Dark elf over all.

Hide - Godly.
Robe capable - Best items in kunark and velious chests are robes. Robes look sick.
Medium race - No need to bother with food to jump over every stupid thing in the game. Also makes levitating into places a lot easier than a small race.
Snare necklace - Quest it from a low level. Cleric with clickable snare a large aggro capable spam clickable item is brilliant. (Regent Symbol of Innoruuk).

Halflings get sneak. Not often im in a situation i wish i had sneak except buying fizzlecutter forumla 5000's from ping.
Closed Thread