Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default Question on Tainted Battleworn Morningstar

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the Tainted Battleworn Morningstar.

After tinkering around with some classes it was crystal clear - the only class for me is, as it was during classic - druid. I've reincarnated my level 57 druid Mefdinkins, onto P1999 (does Tunare believe in reincarnation?). As such, I'm looking for some easy upgrades for my new druid.

I remember on classic EQ, I made my way over to Kithicor Forest as a lowbie and waited around to see if a morningstar dropped that no one needed. Eventually I was lucky enough and a group let me loot one. I fondly used that for the time being and interchanged it in primary slot with my paw of opolla all the way up to 50ish.

I was wondering do people still group in Kithikor and is it populated so it wouldn't be too hard to get? It's a bit of a journey for a level 6 druid, so if there is no likelihood of getting it, I should focus my search for upgrades on other easily obtainable items.

TLDR: Any chance a level 6 druid could get a Tainted Battleworn Morningstar?

Thanks for your help,
- Mefdinkins
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

I'll let you know if i see or hear about somebody going.

I think it usually rots.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

I would like to know as well
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had someone offer me one a week or so ago, but at level 6, and the fact it was by the WC zone line, I couldn't get to it in time. That same person then came over the RV zone and tried to find another one for me... cant begin to describe how cool stuff like that is.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Befriend a higher level person in the zone, they could probably pull an undead cleric with it to you and kill it at your feet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the advice maybe once I hit 14, or get my first teleports I'll head over there.

As a new druid I haven't been hindered by my lack of gear so far, but even buying spells is expensive. I know that moving forward, as I look to increase my wisdom, sometimes the price for a minor wisdom increase can be extremely high. So being able to get a strong weapon with great stats will be a huge win!

Thanks a lot guys!
Mefdinkins, 11th Season Druid
Last edited by mefdinkins; 03-01-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

idk about finding that item easily, but the best advice i can give is to have fun. I spent a ton of time on my druid questing and farming gear. if i had spent all that time exping, I would have hit my 50's quicker and gotten better gear quicker, but I would have had less fun with it. If you find it fun to try and get that morningstar at lvl 6, then do it, it would be pretty sweet!

good luck
Old 03-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Large Bat

Honestly, when I started my druid I just sold CB belts and skeleton chips in Greater Fay and then collected HQ/MQ pelts, more bone chips, and silks in EC and sold all of the above as I was levelling up. Made plenty of money in the first 10 levels to purchase:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Springwood_Club

Among a number of other good things. I would take that over waiting for a high level to pull a mob to me in a zone for a lesser wep that no one goes in.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Springwood club is a good weapon.. pretty cheap too imo

I had one for a couple weeks and i had a hard time selling it for 200 plat so i'm sure you can find somebody who is desperate to get rid of it lol.

200 plat isn't all that hard to get either even at lvl 1.
Closed Thread