Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Default Druid approaching lvl 20

Hey everybody.. I'm fast approaching level 20 and I feel that I am undergeared as far as armor goes. I have been killing crag spiders and have about 10 stacks of spider silk but that only equates to 200 plat or so which won't buy me nuffin' as far as good druid armor goes.

What do you suggest? Just keep leveling and then camp things for myself or try to camp something that provides good stuff to sell so I can buy gear? If the latter, what should I hunt for money and exp's?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Luckily, you don't desperately need armor as a caster to get stuff done, and druids are excellent at camping things solo, so you will be able to get most of your armor as you level up and exp in the areas where pieces you want would drop.

The easiest piece to get is the Prayer Cloth of Tunare (shoulder slot, +3 wisdom) if you grouped in crushbone at all. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ing_Mace_Quest and won't be upgraded for a LONG time

You're also at a good level to do the quest for http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...f_Vanear_Quest which is fun and will last you into your 50's

and could also start doing http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...f_Opolla_Quest (which.. is still awesome at level 60)

Otherwise, if/when you do end up buying gear, aim for the jewelery/crafted pieces first (since they're also barely replaceable) and you can't exactly camp them. Platinum Ruby Veil, Jasper gold earrings, Platinum Jasper rings, and Small wisdom deity.

Otherwise, excellent pieces to camp as you level are:
split paw hide gloves - 2 wis - south karana - get in 20's (usually given away)
crown of leaves - 5wis cap - south karana - can get in your 20's
mammoth Hide Cloak - 4wis cape - permfrost - can get in your 20's
foreman's tunic -3 wis tunic - solusek A - in 20's, need a group most likely
gatorscale legs - 4 wis legs - upper guk - can get at level 30+

and.. more eludes me, those are those the pieces I have fond memories of going after. I'll admit, by the time I made it to my 30's, I had plenty of extra platinum and just started buying the rest of the basics. Be sure to check the wiki page for what you'll want!

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Players:Gear under druid.. an awesome selection of early gear to aim for
Last edited by Zapatos; 03-14-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Testament of Vaneer for sure, easy quest and you might be fine with it at 20, i forget...

you can start on the paw, but might want a few more levels past 20...

if you'll take anything you can get, some easy stuff is 2ac ears from crushbone, you can turn in the ears to male highelf slaves for a note to give a guard in felewith for 2str rings (carry more stuff), can get the 3 wis shoulders from quest in CB, can druids wear the wrists from the warlord (or w/e his name is)? if so, u can get those too.

then in unrest you can get a savants cap while exping, also +mana wrists from the hand on 3rd floor

if you prefer solo stuff, you can go to perma and work on the cloak that was mentioned AND wolf fur slippers, tho it can be hard if anything agros you to solo in there, and you can move aroudn sola a bit for foreman's tunic and other drops, like platinum armband, etc, while soloing for exp and loot, jsut be careful

the crown from SK is nice, but it can be hard to get since the mob that drops it is the PH for the monk, afaik, and i dont thinkthe monk depops, or he used to not.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Don't worry about getting geared up until you're near max level and can make money quickly (e.g. 1-2 kpp an hour power leveling, or similar rates camping valuable items). Good gear is not a necessity for leveling - you can level very quickly as a druid with charm animal without any gear. You won't always be able to quad kite without your wisdom near max, but you don't need to do so to level well.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Now I remember why I was so 'wealthy' in my mid 30's. You'll have all of your group ports by then. I think I even went at a rate of 20p per port (though been given up to 500p and a cloak of shadows for being in the right place at the right time... At any rate, platinum doesn't become much of an issue anymore for old world gear once you can play the taxi game.

But, as I mentioned in my first post, you can level just fine without it. A full suit of basic leather and a rusty scimitar/shield is more than enough to get to 50
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everybody.. I'm fast approaching level 20 and I feel that I am undergeared as far as armor goes. I have been killing crag spiders and have about 10 stacks of spider silk but that only equates to 200 plat or so which won't buy me nuffin' as far as good druid armor goes.

What do you suggest? Just keep leveling and then camp things for myself or try to camp something that provides good stuff to sell so I can buy gear? If the latter, what should I hunt for money and exp's?
Druids aren't gear dependant, so it's fine to be undergeared.

I'm lv 22, and all my armor are those tattered leather gears I got from CB belt quests, and I'm still holding on to the splittered club I got off a decaying skeleton at lv1. I I'm not kidding.

All my money I spend it on getting spells, never bought a single gear before. But I'm still doing fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the replys. Truly been helpful. It sounds like you are right about trying to get level 20 gear. If I spend time on levelling and trying to get my "taxi license" or PL License I will be able to purchase what I need. The level 20's go by so fast that it wouldn't be useful to spend too much time trying to get geared up in my 20's.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

You can probably sell the spider silks easier if you turn them into silk swatches also...

just spend 20 points on tailoring.. (the trivial on silk swatches is like 17)

then while you are medding make silk swatches in one of them portable sewing kits.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Beev if you're hunting spiders in EK. Check track for an Evil Eye it drops Polished Bone Bracelet - which is +3 wis/int (they also sell for ~175-200p).
I managed to grab two during my time at krag spiders, fills up two spots.

Also once you get in your later twenties you might wanna check out Warsilk Woods? they have forest giants at around 25ish? The forest giants drop Forest Loop earrings which are 2 ac, 3 wis/agi/dex, another good item for druids that retails at about ~300p.

That's four slots you can fill out (if you're lucky) essentially for free all while you level.

Also you should check out the auction tracker at http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/

Now that you have ports you can stay focused on leveling and keep your eye open for any deals - or for any gear you want, without wasting your time in EC.

Goodluck!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Wow thanks mefdinkins for the easy gear acquisitions - should be easy enough taking down an evil eye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Wondering what a good strat is for that though since they like to "charm" if I remember correctly from my old school EQ days.

Flunkle I do have tailoring at about 25 so I will do as you say and make swatches.
Closed Thread