Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?

Some of these responses are mad.
U got scammed sorry OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] try petition, u should be reimbursed
A guide responded to this already-

Menden- "Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible."

He also stated he doesn't think OP was scammed but that the required faction from the seller was not up to par.. Still hoping for a positive outcome here!!!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m still curious what happened to this chiggen dude in your sig
Can confirm not a whole lot of good.
Can also confirm has been with a lot of women since then so who cares.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Off topic but still related:

A few weeks ago I bought a Journeyman Boots MQ. The seller was immediately rewarded the Jboots upon the Rings of the Ancient MQ turn in. So someone had intentionally or accidentally pre-loaded Hasten with 3250gp and the Shadowed Rapier before we got there.

Now because we didn't notice the dialog while hail locking him and performing the MQ I turned in my set of 3250gp and the Shadowed Rapier hence again pre-loading Hasten for MQ failure.

Luckily the MQ seller had an extra Ring + Rapier corpsed and agreed to provide them for me eating the cost. I killed the pre-loaded Hasten and waited for respawn while he retrieved his corpsed Ring. 2 respawns later boom Hasten is back. We performed the second MQ ring turn in first and the Jboots was not immediately rewarded this time. Then I turned in the fresh 3250gp and Shadowed Rapier and the MQ worked perfectly.

So Hasten's inventory doesn't persist through death. Why do the Velious Quest NPC inventories persist through death? That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p
Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the MQ seller had an extra Ring + Rapier corpsed
This is why Hasten was preloaded. I applaud the ruthless person who got revenge for a disingenuous wait at a rigged AC camp.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Hasten's inventory doesn't persist through death. Why do the Velious Quest NPC inventories persist through death? That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p
I'm kinda curious about this too. I know that some details of quests and their multi-questability were off in the past, because of P99/emulator bugs, so that could be the case here ... but I doubt it.

For one thing, I think the staff already fixed all those issues. But for another ... the way it works now makes more work for the staff. If they could not have that work AND make things more classic, they would have done so a long time ago. The fact that they didn't that implies that it was a Verant choice P99 is stuck with ... and one could apply the same logic to Hadden since he too is a frequent source of work for the staff.

But I agree it's weird that mobs in one part of the world play by different core rules than mobs elsewhere; that seems more P99-ish than Verant to me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why Hasten was preloaded. I applaud the ruthless person who got revenge for a disingenuous wait at a rigged AC camp.
Well, you don't know the details though. It's not against the rules to corpse a ring from a Ro (ie. FTE/non-camped) cyclops.

Also if you're doing the OOT one at some ungodly hour of the night/morning and no one else is in line for the camp, you're allowed to corpse as many rings as you want. Or, if you want to get a ring, corpse it, and get back in line, that's legal too.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That seems like a really stupid design flaw, where people can intentionally sabotage people with cheap 100p gems x3 = 300p
P.S. Also, keep in mind the MQing itself was originally more of a bug than a feature (like recharging) so really Verant didn't design it (purposefully) at all.

Last edited by loramin; 08-07-2019 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Did OP ever get his plat back?
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin, I'm not sure if this pre-dated you or not, but at one point nilbog rewrote how quest turn-ins work, specifically related to how MQ's work, to make things smoother than the way the original db was set up. He had to go back and hand change each NPC. This would explain why some work one way and others another way. IIRC he asked for quests people wanted updated but didn't go back through each NPC game-wide.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did OP ever get his plat back?
Nope, sure didn't. But to be fair, I stopped hunting it pro-actively once Green got announced a week or two later, and quit until a couple days ago.

The player was "Kyis" if anyone still cares.
Closed Thread