Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Questions about new server.. (Teams PvP?)

#1 - I joined this server 9 years ago, when a fresh PvP server "Teams PvP" was being discussed. Still waiting. Can we please have teams PvP?

#2 - How are merges going to work? I don't want to make a new character on Green, just to have it merged into disgusting Blue. Can we at least just roll future new servers into Green, and let Green stay pure? No one wants to make new characters to have them rolled into a server that is like 12 years old.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=127361

Please read that post I made in 2013 for my full view on the subject, and suggestions on how to make it work.

This is the main reason I joined up with Project 1999, to get myself readjusted to EQ and it's been.. quite a while now. (glances at join date...)

Are we ever going to get the damned team server?

Dulu's Team 1999 Server Ruleset:

3 Factions, similar to good/neutral/evil - but given different lore-oriented names. No one considers themself "evil". Even the most generic fantasy villians think what they are doing is for some greater purpose. Your faction is decided by your deity, with the exception of Paladins/Rangers/Shadow Knights. (These classes are tied to one of the factions)

"Good Faction" (Primarily High Elves, Wood Elves, Barbarians, Good Erudites, 1/3rd of Humans, 1/3rd of Half Elves.. All Paladins) Players of this faction will have Green names displayed at all times. Human Necromancers would have the option to worship Rodcet Nife, the prime healer, allowing them to play on the good faction. "They study the art of necromancy for a good cause!"

Mithaniel Marr
Erollisi Marr
Rodcet Nife
Tunare
Quellios

"Neutral Faction" (Mainly Dwarves, Gnomes, Halflings, 1/3rd of humans, 1/3rd of half elves, Barbarian Shamans who select The Tribunal as their deity.. All Rangers) Players of this faction will have blue names displayed at all times. Dwarves who select Paladin will start in the city of Felwithe, and be on the good faction. Gnomes who select Shadow Knight will start in the city of Freeport, and be on the "evil faction".

Brell Serelis
Bristlebane
Karana
Solusek Ro
Tribunal
Prexus
Nameless
Veeshan

"Evil Faction" (Mainly Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Iksar, Evil Erudites (Paineeel), 1/3rd of Humans and Half Elves, some Barbarians, some Gnomes.. All Shadowknights) Players of this faction will have orange names at all times. Note: Human and Half-Elf Druids will be allowed to worship Terris-Thule or Rallos Zek, as an option.. allowing them to play on the 'Evil' faction.

Bertox
Cazic-Thule
Innoruuk
Rallos Zek
Terris Thule

Each faction, would get one faction unique class. Rangers for Neutrals, Paladins for Good, and Shadow Knights for Evil. All other classes would be playable by every faction. This includes Necromancers. The three classes I've chosen are powerful, yet I feel are not essential to any sort of encounter.

Starting cities would be only loosely racially tied. Barbarians will tend to start in Halas, but if they have chosen Evil (A barbarian Warrior decides to worship Rallos Zek), they will start in an evil city. Oggok for example would work perfectly.

Humans and Half Elves, it gets a little trickier. I think making Freeport the 'Evil' Human city, Qeynos the 'Neutral' city, and Kelethin the starting point for good humans and half elves makes the most sense.

Only COIN would be lootable. No XP loss.

Language barriers will be enforced. There will be no common tongue between the factions.

No buffs or heals of any kind will go across factions.

No trading across factions.

It will be impossible for 'Good' players to raise faction in 'Evil' or 'Neutral' cities, and vice versa. This is to prevent possible griefing near cities, and to encourage the realm wars.

Some sort of technology to stop players from 'Plugging' would be ideal. 'Plugging' = running and zoning, and disconnecting while zoning, resulting in your character disappearing until you log back on, possibly hours or days later.
Last edited by Dulu; 07-15-2019 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Newsflash i dont think the devs care about your opinion
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Newsflash i dont think the devs care about your opinion
Thanks man.

I'm passionate about seeing Teams PvP revived though, and I have faith that these devs can do it justice.

Teams PvP is what got me hooked on the MMO genre.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 - I joined this server 9 years ago, when a fresh PvP server "Teams PvP" was being discussed. Still waiting. Can we please have teams PvP?
EQ PvP has been a massive failure, both on live and here. Maybe the devs will someday give it another shot, and if they do maybe they'll try teams (because individual PvP sure didn't work) ... but even IF they do it won't be until after Green and likely after some custom content too, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2 - How are merges going to work? I don't want to make a new character on Green, just to have it merged into disgusting Blue. Can we at least just roll future new servers into Green, and let Green stay pure?
If people could start out at 60 it would go against the entire idea of Green being a "fresh like the original live EQ server". If they did this there would hardly be any point to even resetting Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ PvP has been a massive failure, both on live and here. Maybe the devs will someday give it another shot, and if they do maybe they'll try teams (because individual PvP sure didn't work) ... but even IF they do it won't be until after Green and likely after some custom content too, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

If people could start out at 60 it would go against the entire idea of Green being a "fresh like the original live EQ server". If they did this there would hardly be any point to even resetting Green.

I think we're misunderstanding each other.

I'm saying Green should not get dumped into Blue at the end of it's life cycle. It should remain permanent. FUTURE servers that are recycling should be dumped into green. I.e., servers that aren't even born yet.

The 60's being dumped into Green would be well after people are already 60 and Green is considered old content.

I don't want to make a new toon on Green just for it to be dumped into Blue after a year.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Good basic ruleset. Would just need a couple of tweaks, like adding in an OT hammer equivalent for FV to allow good/neutral team to mobilize like the evils, and some sort of modest sliding XP and resistance bonuses to whichever team was weakest. Little changes like that would promote parity between the teams and help prevent one faction from snowballing into total server dominance off an early lead like the Evil team did on SZ.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think we're misunderstanding each other.

I'm saying Green should not get dumped into Blue at the end of it's life cycle. It should remain permanent. FUTURE servers that are recycling should be dumped into green. I.e., servers that aren't even born yet.

The 60's being dumped into Green would be well after people are already 60 and Green is considered old content.

I don't want to make a new toon on Green just for it to be dumped into Blue after a year.
Oh, well that would require the staff to keep four servers going: Blue, Red, Green, and "Green dumping ground". They haven't in any way expressed a desire or even willingness to do that, so I think you're more likely to see a team PvP fourth server ...

(... and I do not think you are likely to see teams anytime soon.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Orc

the nice thing about making a new pvp server is that you wouldn't have to persist the old one like they are doing on blue. wiping red would upset maybe 3 or 4 people tops (this is coming from someone who plays on red)

you could even keep a teams server in an alpha state and subject to wipe at any time and there would be more people on there trying things out and having fun than there are now.

I know nilbog is active on the roz server discord at least so if we are lucky hes taking notes on their improvements / shortfalls.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Can we please have teams PvP?
/signed
Closed Thread