Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

of course theres always the option of using a vpn
Old 09-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course theres always the option of using a vpn
would a VPN actually take the server load off your network though? I would assume they still can see the traffic just not where it is going?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Tell your boss it's literally impossible to progress in this game with the inconvenience of an 8 hour work day.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:50 AM
Kobold

I used to do a lot of gaming from the office. Keep it to solo camps with long spawns and its a nice balance. The only problem i discovered is when some yahoo comes to chat with you just after a pull, and hes sitting there yappin about nothing and when he leaves, you get to alt tab back to a nice corpse retrieval.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

Use teamviewer to your home computer?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Get a laptop and a tmobile android phone with unlimited 4G and use foxfi.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would a VPN actually take the server load off your network though? I would assume they still can see the traffic just not where it is going?
Can still see the traffic but only pertaining to the VPN connection. So let's say here I am at the firewall looking at traffic. I see some some user with a VPN connection. What's he doing?

I walk over to John's desk here and say, hey John, can you load up SCCM and see what this guy's doing?

John loads it up, and remote views your desktop. All unbeknownst to you, we see this guy playing EQ.

Now, am I going to be just randomly looking at people's traffic and happen upon his out of thousands of users? Hell no, if it's not causing me problems on the network I have other things to do. So the likelihood is extremely slim.

But the OP needs to understand there is little to no anonymity on a LAN. bottom line

Hope this makes sense, I just poured my first cup of coffee.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

They will find you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can still see the traffic but only pertaining to the VPN connection. So let's say here I am at the firewall looking at traffic. I see some some user with a VPN connection. What's he doing?

I walk over to John's desk here and say, hey John, can you load up SCCM and see what this guy's doing?

John loads it up, and remote views your desktop. All unbeknownst to you, we see this guy playing EQ.

Now, am I going to be just randomly looking at people's traffic and happen upon his out of thousands of users? Hell no, if it's not causing me problems on the network I have other things to do. So the likelihood is extremely slim.

But the OP needs to understand there is little to no anonymity on a LAN. bottom line

Hope this makes sense, I just poured my first cup of coffee.
This is what I have confirmed from multiple sources. In all likelihood I wouldn't get caught. The rub is how it will effect my motivation.

Right now I'm playing a monk, so random and sudden AFKs aren't a bother.

After thinking about it for a whole day, I'm going to do it just to say I did it. Kind of like that time my wife and I had sex on my bosses desk when I was working late and she was bringing me dinner.