Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default Question about DW and proccing weapons

I understand dex grants a higher chance to proc a weapon.

My question is, how do the weapons get a check for procs other than with dexterity?

Do they only proc on swings, or does the skill level of the weapon type matter, or perhaps DW skill lvl is that checked?

Would a level 20 warrior proc just as often as a lvl 50 if they had the same haste and dexterity while using the same weapons?

Are there other factors in determining if the weapon procs?

Do different weapons have a higer proc rate than others?

I am just wondering if my warrior will become better at holding aggro as he gains levels due to proccing more often, or if his weaponskill levels if they raise, if that helps him hold aggro.

I have read that seb dirks are great warrior weapons due to speed, but they have no proc, so how do they hold aggro so well?
Old 03-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Increasing how often you swing does not increase the number of procs you will have. It's basically a procs/time system, and not a %chance to proc for each swing.

Weapons have individual proc rates, which can be increased by dexterity.

AFAIK that's all that matters. Weapon skill or level shouldn't play into it because you don't even need to land your swing for the weapon to proc.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weapons have individual proc rates.
I think at least all pre-velious weapons may be the same procrate-

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=135889

Quote:
Nilbog: All weapon procrate mods set to zero.
Not sure if this was changed since or if velious weapons are different, but I thought it was relevant to this thread.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have read that seb dirks are great warrior weapons due to speed, but they have no proc, so how do they hold aggro so well?
While I cannot answer this question directly my own experience with using a seb dirk to level up an ogre war pre-Velious was that a Wurmslayer in the mainhand held Aggro better than a seb dirk in the mainhand. Granted the two setups are not perfectly comparable because the Wurmslayer is MH only but Wurmslayer + Seb Dirk held Aggro better than Seb dirk + Lammy (again this was pre Vel). I (think I) know that Hate is generated per the expected dmg per swing and not by what damage is actually dealt. IIRC the seb dirk has a better ratio than Wurmslayer so one would think the Hate generated from Seb Dirk in the MH would be sufficient but alas this was not my experience. I'm sure more experienced warriors can weigh in and provide a more nuanced (correct) response. Happy hunting!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

That is an interesting post, Nlaar.

I got my ranger Wurmslayer for 2 reasons:
1) the delay meant I could cast /battle bandage/stand between swings to avoid losing dps
and more importantly
2) the group think at the time was that wurmy is a bad aggro weapon and I wanted to avoid drawing aggro.

Unfortunately that didn't work out well as I would still consistently draw aggro just through melee, but I figured that was just due to the obscene self haste a ranger can sustain. It is interesting to see a warrior say they also found a Wurmslayer drew aggro for them too.

OP:
Weapons have a chance to proc every time their delay elapses (note this means the off hand can proc even when duel wield fails to produce a swing). Depending exclusively on dexterity this will work to be around once or twice per minute (half that rate for the off hand).
Old 03-29-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Mainhand will proc twice as often as offhand. That's something to keep in mind.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

Offhand procs at half the frequency of main hand. At 200+ dex will see on average 2 procs a minute mainhand and 1 a minute offhand. Procs can be streaky. You might see 6 in a minute or none in 3-4 minutes ... it averages out though. You do not have to hit the mob to fire a proc - you just have to swing.

Haste and slow do NOT affect average proc rate over time - they simply make you more or less likely to proc with any given swing. The proc rate over time is only modified by dexterity.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do not have to hit the mob to fire a proc - you just have to swing.
and for the offhand you just need to have the opportunity to swing; even if duel wield fails to produce a swing the proc can still happen at the time the swing could have occurred.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

Only thing I've never been sure is how does proc rate work vs double attack and no double attack.. Like a ranger using a venomous axe compared to a bard with equal dex.
Let's pretend 2procs/min does the coding take into check double attack?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I cannot answer this question directly my own experience with using a seb dirk to level up an ogre war pre-Velious was that a Wurmslayer in the mainhand held Aggro better than a seb dirk in the mainhand. Granted the two setups are not perfectly comparable because the Wurmslayer is MH only but Wurmslayer + Seb Dirk held Aggro better than Seb dirk + Lammy (again this was pre Vel). I (think I) know that Hate is generated per the expected dmg per swing and not by what damage is actually dealt. IIRC the seb dirk has a better ratio than Wurmslayer so one would think the Hate generated from Seb Dirk in the MH would be sufficient but alas this was not my experience. I'm sure more experienced warriors can weigh in and provide a more nuanced (correct) response. Happy hunting!
Wurmslayer has a better ratio. It just quickly gets outpaced by the seb dirk because of damage bonus. If you were leveling that could be why.
Closed Thread