Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default Solo fun in PoM - A4 halflings with necro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGCGIksrvs

I mention in the video that I would be clicking off shammy regen I had on and then forgot to actually do it but I would say it didn't end up mattering.

Also, no range slot because I somehow destroyed or vendor sold my crappy Kael dagger and haven't gotten a replacement yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Looks like a heck of alot of work compared to an enc or shaman. Cool though that it's possible.

Is your pet hate book focused?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like a heck of alot of work compared to an enc or shaman. Cool though that it's possible.

Is your pet hate book focused?
It is way more hard work and much riskier than for encs and shammys. But feels more rewarding hehe. TwentyTwo is down right impossible without strings and other clickies.

Yes, pet is focused with hate book.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for sharing. Have you considered installing GINA, might be easier to keep track of spells and spawn timers.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

I enjoyed the video
Was interested in bring my necro to pom one day for this reason

Please make more of these !

Edit : pom not pomegranate
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by Jmcwrestling; 11-01-2017 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Druids can solo the a4 halflings too right? IIRC they did on live in 2001.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for sharing. Have you considered installing GINA, might be easier to keep track of spells and spawn timers.
You're welcome! No, I've not really explored stuff like that. But I will have a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoyed the video
Was interested in bring my necro to pom one day for this reason

Please make more of these !

Edit : pom not pomegranate
Thanks I will try and make some more! Just a heads up though, PoM and necros don't really mesh all that well. I mean I'm definitely happy to be bound up there but mostly because it's convenient in terms of being close to CS/SS(bank)/Kael/WW. What I mean is, there aren't that many things a necro can profitably solo up there so if your goal is to solo for profit there are other much better spots in the game. In PoM you will quickly learn that you are being completely outclassed in the solo department by chanters, druids and shamans, sadly :/ But having said that it's definitely a fun zone to explore and yeah, you can solo the A4 halflings which can yield a big money drop. Also, if for nothing else I would get up there just to get the deck to combine cards in so you can get the resist flowers at some stage. Good items, those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids can solo the a4 halflings too right? IIRC they did on live in 2001.
Yes, druids can charm one of the many animals in the zone (gorillas, skunks, rats) and solo A4 including TwentyTwo.

If I can find the time to do a bit more exploring up there I might try and do a "guided tour of PoM" video at some stage, though Tecmos already has some nice videos showing off a lot of the zone for anyone interested.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, druids can charm one of the many animals in the zone (gorillas, skunks, rats) and solo A4 including TwentyTwo.
I would be curious to hear from Druids who have done this. In my experience it is doable but a charm break on a Druid = instant death when both your pet and the mob you are killing can summon. Enchanters have multiple stuns and mezzes they can use to regain control but Druids do not.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be curious to hear from Druids who have done this. In my experience it is doable but a charm break on a Druid = instant death when both your pet and the mob you are killing can summon. Enchanters have multiple stuns and mezzes they can use to regain control but Druids do not.
Seen a few druids solo TwentyTwo. It's clutch having epic as it is a -100 MR check snare that you can stick on TwentyTwo. Charm breaks, get summoned run away and have 10 secs to recharm pet until next summon at which point if you haven't succesfully recharmed you hat or die.

At least that's how I had it explained.
Closed Thread